Just a word of thanks

  • Robert Anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
      We're getting about 5-6 inches of snow between tonight and tomorrow
      night, (only 2 years out of the last 62 years that we did not have
      snow at least once in April) up here in Canada.

      So, prior to sitting down with a good book or a little work on some
      older images that need re-processing or a web site that needs
      cleaning up, I wanted to say thanks to all on the TMB site.

      I have just finished one of the busiest quarters from a business
      perspective, done some good imaging with my TMB scopes over the last
      three months and with my twin brother and my birthday tomorrow, am
      feeling a little fulfilled from all that has happened.

      I think what is driving me to write this post is that when reading
      Thomas disertations on optics, Ron's little quips, Markus's fantastic
      work manaaging the suppliers and assembling the scopes, seeing Jim's
      images, Tim's monster that we all are experiancing together, and
      uncle Norm watching over all, it feels just real comfortable. The
      contributions of the 100s of posters over the last 90 days have been
      a great reliever when the stress of work gets high.

      So, just a thanks everyone.

      I'm enjoying it, (though still having difficulty finding sex in
      anything I read!)

      Cheers

      Bob
    • Norman L. Rubenstein
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
        Dear Bob:

        Actually, Tim, Mike, and I owe thanks to YOU and the hundreds of List
        contributors who consistently make this one of the most informative, lively,
        and engaging Astronomy-related Lists on the Internet. I only hope your
        weather will improve so that you and your brother can again wow us all with
        some new astro-imaging! Besides which ‹ it is now April and that usually
        means for most of inhabited North America (read anywhere outside of Canada
        or the Upper Midwest of the USA) :-)) that it is SPRING and the snow should
        at least ... Be turning to rain, which is small comfort to amateur
        astronomers, I know!

        Thanks again, Bob.

        ³Uncle² Norm

        On 4/1/05 5:56 PM, "Robert Anderson" <bob@...> wrote:

        > We're getting about 5-6 inches of snow between tonight and tomorrow
        > night, (only 2 years out of the last 62 years that we did not have
        > snow at least once in April) up here in Canada.
        >
        > So, prior to sitting down with a good book or a little work on some
        > older images that need re-processing or a web site that needs
        > cleaning up, I wanted to say thanks to all on the TMB site.
        >
        > I have just finished one of the busiest quarters from a business
        > perspective, done some good imaging with my TMB scopes over the last
        > three months and with my twin brother and my birthday tomorrow, am
        > feeling a little fulfilled from all that has happened.
        >
        > I think what is driving me to write this post is that when reading
        > Thomas disertations on optics, Ron's little quips, Markus's fantastic
        > work manaaging the suppliers and assembling the scopes, seeing Jim's
        > images, Tim's monster that we all are experiancing together, and
        > uncle Norm watching over all, it feels just real comfortable. The
        > contributions of the 100s of posters over the last 90 days have been
        > a great reliever when the stress of work gets high.
        >
        > So, just a thanks everyone.
        >
        > I'm enjoying it, (though still having difficulty finding sex in
        > anything I read!)
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Bob

      • APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2005
          Hi Bob,

          thanks for the kind words. Here in Germany finaly spring started and we have now about 70th Farenheit today :-) Shall I send you a little warming up sun ?

          very best wishes
          Markus

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2005
            >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Norman L. Rubenstein" <nlr@r...
            > wrote:

            Dear Bob and all list members,

            I agree with Norm, this is a great bunch of people sharing their love
            of astronomy. From the astro pics, observing reports and technical
            information and general camaraderie it makes for a great experience.

            Happy birthay to you and bro'.

            Tim