H-Alpha

  • a_potentate@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2001
      I wonder if the following would yield good viewing of the sun? Take
      a Herschel Wedge (like Markus sells) and use a Lumicon (or Hutsch)
      H-alpha filter to view the sun? Realizing the H-alpha's are not
      sub-nanometer filters, but I would hope it the images would be better
      than a plain solar filter. Would this work?

      Mike C. - A very nice solar shot....

      Tim

      PS: As Tim mentioned there do seem to be a lot of audiophiles out
      here. Yet another expensive hobby, but it all pails compared to
      general aviation.