Re: Audiophiles among us

  • K. Bishop
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2001
      > Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 02:31:12 -0000
      > From: dougspeterson@...
      >
      > The recent revelation that there are fellow audiophiles on this
      > group,

      While perusing Televue's latest at the 2001 Texas Star Party I overheard Al
      Nagler and another gentleman discussing the benefits of biwiring -- an
      audiophile topic if I ever heard one.

      > BTW, my Apogee Stage ribbon loudspeakers are the sonic equivalent of
      > a fine portable triplet apochromat, TMB105. I am still trying to find
      > the audio equivalent of my massive TMB180....

      Up until a couple years ago I ran an Apogee Mini-Grand system. I've since
      downsized to a pair of Sonus Fabers which are much easier to live with.

      > Doug Peteson

      Clear skies,
      Kevin
    • TMBoptical@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2001
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2001
          Tom,

          I suppose thus that you don't mind our "sidesteps"...
          Glad to know that i am not the only bi-wired one. Blue Lua for high,
          selfmade spaced wire for low. McIntosh 6800 and TannoyD700
          It replaces my Quad ESL, great but broke down.
          Funny to see so many adiophiles here!

          Transistor Tim.