25 mm Eyepiece Info, update

  • APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
      Just as info for everybody who still want a 25 mm TMB/Zeiss aspheric ortho

      I called today Berliner Glas and asked about it. They do not stock any parts and need to make them new again. My first contract was for 100 pc. At moment i have giant backorder of 5 pc for this eyepiece.

      Berliner Glas told me , if we go with 25 pc or 50 pc order, prices will increase much, how much, they will calculate and tell me soon

      old Price was $ 295 for this eyepiece

      compromissed offer from my side is the following:

      if you take this eyepiece in its original Zeiss Housing but with changed fieldstop and APM made black anadizest 1.25" Barrel, we can sell it to you for US $ 195 , also we can get the same eyepiece with focusing build in, then it would cost $ 245

      standart modell looks like this: http://www.apm-telescopes.de/images/products/spec_eyep/zeiss_25_42.jpg US $ 195

      focusing modell looks like this :
      http://www.apm-telescopes.de/images/products/spec_eyep/zeiss_25_42_foc.jpg US $ 245

      so if you can live with the original Zeiss Housing and the diffrent engraved letter, you can get this eyepiece qithhin, 2,3 weeks for the lower price, if you want the TMB Housing, expect higher price then before and 2,3 month delivery

      let me know what you think.

      thanks

    • rpbrpbrpb1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
        I am curious about changing the field stop of 25mm eyepiece.
        Is this because of having 1.25 inch barrel?
        Will the aperture of field stop be the same as Zeiss used in original
        housing? thanks, Robert

      • cjamescook
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
          I much prefer the TMB housing, even at the increased price. It just
          looks classier.

          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes"

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
            Robert

            you may missed the beginning of the 25 mm manufactoring, so in short here again.

            The eyepiece have by Zeiss a smaller fieldstop. In together testings we found it works great with increased fieldstop, this was done when the lenses have been mounted into the TMB housing and we can do the same with the original Zeiss housing.

            so yes the fieldstop would be the same as in the TMB/Zeiss

            I am curious about changing the field stop of 25mm eyepiece.
            Is this because of having 1.25 inch barrel?
            Will the aperture of field stop be the same as Zeiss used in original
            housing? thanks, Robert

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor