Which TMB is best for astro-photography?

  • bradgregley10
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2005
      Hi,

      I have a Tak FS152 and a Nexstar 11 as well as an Orion ED80.

      I am looking at upgrading the ED80 to a TMB as a more portable
      primarily astro-photography scope (would also like to use it for
      visual).

      Which TMB model is considered best for astro-photgraphy, the 80/600,
      the 100/800, 105 F6.2 etc in the smaller sizes (less than 115mm).

      In the Tak world it is the FSQ 106N and it is quite clear.

      In the TMB world I am not sure of the various sizes well enough.

      The 80/600 seems pretty hot but may be too dim for visual use.

      The 105 F6.2 may be good.

      Opinions?

      Greg.