Re: New eps - a plea to Thomas

  • tmboptical
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2005
      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "mantrogo" <sperry@p...> wrote:

      > Hiya - any news on the new eps? Rather like the name "Paragon" for
      > the series, but am feeling somewhat starved for information -
      > particularly since a couple of planned eyepiece purchases have now
      > ground to a halt while I wait with bated breath for the new line.
      > believe that you said that both the LE / Paragon series *and* the
      > super-secret other long focal length, wide angle eps were going to
      > debut at the WSP. Since there's not a snowflake's chance in a very
      > fiery place of me getting to the WSP (London being quite far away
      > and the Missus being understanding, but not quite *that*
      > understanding...), _please_ tell us more. A first light review as
      > with the Supermonos to whet our appetite? Pretty please... Pretty,
      > pretty please...

      Mantrogo,

      Okay, okay. I'm sorry that there has been a delay on my posting
      about the new TMB products, but here is the good news. I will
      have two production LE eyepieces tomorrow, so I will give a
      report, and put up pictures of the eyepieces. I am getting this
      week, from William Optics, my new 2" diagonals. I will post
      pictures of the 1/10 wave $199.00 model (full 52 layer dielectric
      99.5% reflection coating), and my state of the art 56 layer
      dielectric 99.8-9% reflection coating quartz diagonal, that will
      have collimation capability. We have found even the best diagonals
      to be off in collimation much too often.

      And if customs doesn't screw us, I will announce the biggest
      surprise of all, and will post some, but not all, pictures
      of the new 66mm, 80mm and 101mm TMB designed ED doublets, with
      William Optics black anodized tubes and focusers.

      So, I think by tomorrow night, you will be satisfied in your
      request about the new TMB products. I will also want everyone's
      opinions on these new products -- in any way you can help.
      Thank you.

      Thomas Back
    • Ruud Schmeitz
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "tmboptical" <TMBoptical@a...>
        wrote:
        > (...)
        > And if customs doesn't screw us, I will announce the biggest
        > surprise of all, and will post some, but not all, pictures
        > of the new 66mm, 80mm and 101mm TMB designed ED doublets, with
        > William Optics black anodized tubes and focusers.
        >
        > So, I think by tomorrow night, you will be satisfied in your
        > request about the new TMB products. I will also want everyone's
        > opinions on these new products -- in any way you can help.
        > Thank you.
        >
        > Thomas Back

        Hi Thomas,

        Just one question about the new doublets: do they have a 2" focuser,
        or a 1.25" (like for example the TV-60) ?

        Ruud Schmeitz
        Maastricht
      • tmboptical
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Ruud Schmeitz" <r.schmeitz-
          yahoo@h...> wrote:
          > Hi Thomas,
          >
          > Just one question about the new doublets: do they have a 2" focuser,
          > or a 1.25" (like for example the TV-60) ?
          >
          > Ruud Schmeitz
          > Maastricht

          Ruud,

          It will have a 2" focuser, but with a SCT thread in the back, so
          it can use all the SCT accessories. We will supply a custom TMB
          2" dielectric diagonal free of change with the telescope.

          Thomas Back