Re: TMB supermonos

    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 2, 2004
      >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "jimhp29401us" <thefamily90@h...
      > wrote:
      >
      > Nope. Not true. You can either focus each eyepiece with the Baader
      > Binioviewer, or, as I have done in the past, focus whichever
      > eyepiece needs the most "in" focus then pull the other
      > eyepiece "out" a little until focus is achieved, then tighten. Both
      > eyepieces do not have to match exactly.

      I agree one could do this. Personally I would be inclined to get a
      matching set by either selling the originals and getting the new
      parafocals or buying used originals.

      I didn't consider this because with my Lapides adapters on my Baader
      BV, the EP undercuts hit the brass compression ring exactly and I
      would hate to loose that feature.

      Thanks for the clarification.

      Tim

      > Jim Phillips
      >

      > > Interesting, as I have a full first production set, and would like
      > > buy a binoviewer... which makes me wonder as well if I need to
      > resell
      > > all my originals???
      > >
      > > D.
      > >

      > > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Donald A. Rosenfield"

      > in a

      > or
      > > > sell

      > > > -------------------------
      > > > I'm not sure you have that right, Tim. There was a post,
      > probably
      > > > from Thomas, covering this question about the time the second
      > run
      > > > came out. He said that there is no difficulty matching the
      > oculars
      > > > from the first run to the second run. You just have to change
      > the
      > > > focus point.
      > > >
      > > > Donald
    • tmboptical
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 10, 2004
        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Mike C" <mike@e...> wrote:

        > That would be pretty irritating though, right Jim? I find my Baader
        > adjustments to be pretty clunky since it has to be unlocked during
        > adjustment. I guess I still haven't got totally used to the
        adjusters
        > maybe though. WHYYY couldn't they have made them "fine
        > focusers" instead of "diopter adjusters". Like Lapides adapters..
        > lock that eyepiece down and then focus/adjust to your hearts
        > content.
        >
        > Mike

        Hi Everyone,

        Just in case any of you think I ran away with all your money,
        not to worry. My time is being all used up fixing the house,
        remodeling my office, updating and adding equipment, trying
        to get telescopes out to customers, and working and designing
        on a whole host of new products, so I have had no time to keep
        up with the TMB Group.

        Yes Mike, I agree about the Baader adjusters for focus and
        lock down. They do center the eyepieces well, but clunky is
        a good word for how they work.

        Regards,

        Thomas Back