Re: [tmboptical] Re: TMB 105/650 !

  • Mark Jenkins
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2000
      on 12/31/00 15:29, ky8m@... at ky8m@... wrote:

      >> Hi Mark thank you for the mini review, I am waiting for my 105 and it was
      >> great to hear a first light report on one, glad you took dave's advise. Mark
      >> will the dew shield retract with the ring's on. Gary

      Hi Gary,

      Yes and no.

      Yes if you don't mind having to bolt them to your mounting plate or slider
      bar every time you want to setup.

      No if you want to keep them ready for quick setup.

      The space between the dew shield when it's extended, and the focusser is 7
      3/8". This is presenting a small problem with my current mounting hardware.
      To get the scope to balance in certain situations (like the 31mm Nagler 5 or
      my Nikon F2 body) I cannot fully rotate the focusser as it will bump into
      the mounting plate. I use an Astro-Physics DOVE08 & Slider Bar and it looks
      like I will need to have both of them cut shorter to allow proper balance
      and rotation of the focusser.

      Also because of this "limited" area in which to place the scope in the
      rings, I will have to make a custom aluminum plate to accommodate another
      DOV08 on top of the rings for my quick setup piggy back accessories that
      include an AP 80mm guidescope, camera mount and a yet to be purchased SBIG
      STV auto guider.

      --
      Clear Skies!

      Mark Jenkins
      markj@...
      http://www.pcsincnet.com/astronomy/
    • ky8m@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2001
        --- In tmboptical@egroups.com, Mark Jenkins <markj@p...> wrote:> on 12/31/00 15:29, ky8m@w... at ky8m@w... wrote:> > >> Hi Mark thank you for the mini review, I am waiting for my 105and it was> >> great to hear a first light report on one, glad you took dave'sadvise. Mark> >> will the dew shield retract with the ring's on. Gary> > Hi Gary,> > Yes and no. > > Yes if you don't mind having to bolt them to your mounting plate orslider> bar every time you want to setup.> > No if you want to keep them ready for quick setup.> > The space between the dew shield when it's extended, and thefocusser is 7> 3/8". This is presenting a small problem with my current mountinghardware.> To get the scope to balance in certain situations (like the 31mmNagler 5 or> my Nikon F2 body) I cannot fully rotate the focusser as it willbump into> the mounting plate. I use an Astro-Physics DOVE08 & Slider Bar andit looks> like I will need to have both of them cut shorter to allow properbalance> and rotation of the focusser.> > Also because of this "limited" area in which to place the scope inthe> rings, I will have to make a custom aluminum plate to accommodateanother> DOV08 on top of the rings for my quick setup piggy back accessoriesthat> include an AP 80mm guidescope, camera mount and a yet to bepurchased SBIG> STV auto guider.> > --> Clear Skies!> > Thank you Mark I was concerned about the ring spacing, also pleasekeep the observing comming. Gary