Re: 14"F/4.5 APM Mak newt. Image

  • Robert Anderson
    Message 1 of 59 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hi Markus

      As I am getting a great TMB 7 incher in approximatley a month, (my
      wifey credits have all been eaten up with that wonderfull purchase,
      and the fine work you and Thomas are producing for me), I
      irresposibly sent the image over to my twin brother who promptly fell
      off his chair.

      As he is currently selling his C14 and William Optics mount/pier and
      has sold his 10" Newt, (just got in a AP1200 with a PWT Pier), he is
      looking for his next scope.

      That shot set the bar for what he is looking for and immediately
      asked, "How may one go about acquiring this fine piece of
      technology", (not exactly his words but close).

      So, any comments that I may wet his appetite further with?

      Cheers

      Bob

      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes"
      <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
      > just came home from dinner and found this fantastic image made with
      our APM-Matthias MN 14" Telescope

      > http://www.lpod.org/LPOD-2004-09-29.htm
      >
      > have fun

    • jimhp29401us
      Message 59 of 59 , Oct 12, 2004
        Hello,
        The image certainly is spectacular. But, it also is authentic. Your
        friends are incorrect. Moretus is near the pokle so that the image
        from earth is indeed on an angle. Check out other images of Moretus
        and you will see what I mean. Spectacular? Yes! Spaceship-like? Yes.
        But, it was taken from earth! A testimony to todays imaging
        capabilities given excellent optical equipment, excellent seeing and
        someone who knows how to use today's software programs.

        Jim Phillips