observatory question

  • william Selden
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
      I have a quick question for the sole remaining astro-site on which I lurk (I can only wish at this point in my life that I could observe as much as I lurk, but I am planning for the future.):

      Could someone point me to a link or resource that speaks to fixed observatory building especially as it might relate to the thermal effects of surrounding environments (e.g., roofs, driveways, and other non-organic stuff)? I remember seeing something out there, I just can't put my finger on it.

      Thanks

      Will S.

      TMB130 f6 #38

      Losmandy G11/Gemini

    • W. Gondella
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2004
          I don't know about web resources but Jean Dregesco's book High
          Resolution Astrophotography has quite a lot of stuff about this subject

          ATB

          Ray Byrne

          > > Could someone point me to a link or resource that speaks to fixed
          > observatory building
          > especially as it might relate to the thermal effects of surrounding
          > environments (e.g.,
          > roofs, driveways, and other non-organic stuff)?  I remember seeing
          > something out there, I
          > just can't put my finger on it.

        • jimhp29401us
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2004
            Astromart has an Observatory section on its Forums page. You might
            try there.

            Jim Phillips