New APO

  • rbyscaia
    Message 1 of 45 , Aug 1, 2004
      Hi,

      I was very happy with my I-M 715 DX (F/15 Mak) when suddenly a 4"
      APO (a Taka FS-102) appeared in my way. I became so satisfied with
      it that a started using it much more often than the Mak... So, I
      finally decided to sell the FS-102 to move to a larger APO.

      Well, now my two options are:

      1) Selling the I-M and buying the TMB 152 F/7.9 LW

      2) Maintaining the I-M and buying the TMB 130 F/6 LW

      I am leaning forward to the option 2), based on the portability of
      the 130, which is quite nice (I have a Giro...). However, being the
      152 a 6" w/ F/8 ratio, it should be better than the I-M and the
      130... visually, at least. And I do essentially visual work.

      My problem with the option 1) is that I may end to "need" a more
      portable scope to match with the 152...

      Is the 152 sooooo different from the 130???

      Thank you.
      Message 45 of 45 , Aug 6, 2004
        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "digidodi" <ddierick@h...> wrote:
        > Hi Tim,
        >
        > Actually, it's the same chip as the ToUCam, but the monochrome
        > version. Here is a good pointer to start with:
        >
        > http://www.qcuiag.co.uk/
        >
        > Plenty of information!

        Yes, thanks.