Re: [tmboptical] Re: news about 10" Mak

  • Ray Byrne
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
      On Sunday, August 1, 2004, at 02:20 am, Tube Tim wrote:

      > >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes"
      > > <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
      > > Hi friends,
      > >
      > >  Yo!
      >
      > > yesterday Matthias have visited me, he brought the 10"F/12.5
      > > maksutov Cassegrain and a 14"F/4.5 Maksutov newtonian which we
      > > delivered yesterday to a east german observatory.
      > >
      > > I have many many images, but here is no pplace to upload them, can
      > > anybody help and i send him the images ?
      > >

      > I hope you don't mind me posting a link to the images of these two
      > beasts.
      >
      > http://tim.povlick.com/APM%20Mak%20Newt.htm

      Oi! Tim,

      What are you doing in Germany get off back to the States (getting sneak
      looks at cool telescopes who does he think he is :0] )

      Good Seeing

      Ray Byrne

    • Savio Fong
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
        Markus & all, have uploaded to my homepage of all the photos, 14"
        Mak-Newtonian & 10" Maksutov

        http://www.astro.hk/services_3.html

        Savio Fong

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
          >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, Ray Byrne <ray@i...> wrote:
          >
          > On Sunday, August 1, 2004, at 02:20 am, Tube Tim wrote:

          > > http://tim.povlick.com/APM%20Mak%20Newt.htm
          > >

          > Oi! Tim,
          >
          > What are you doing in Germany get off back to the States (getting
          > sneak looks at cool telescopes who does he think he is :0] )

          Wait till youy see my images from my trip to Mars in September.

          Actually Markus sent me the pics to post on a website for him, They
          are the same Savio has posted.

          I'm not sure if the scopes are MC or MakNewts.

          > Good Seeing

          Right back at ya'.

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 5, 2004
            >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes"
            <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
            > Hi friends,
            >
            > yesterday Matthias have visited me, he brought the 10"F/12.5
            > maksutov Cassegrain and a 14"F/4.5 Maksutov newtonian which we
            > delivered yesterday to a east german observatory.
            >
            > I have many many images, but here is no place to upload them, can
            > anybody help and i send him the images ?

            Markus sent me some first light images with the 14"F/4.5 MN. I posted
            to my website, but please contact Marcus/APM direct. The URL is:

            http://tim.povlick.com/APM%20Mak%20Newt.htm

            and some URLs to a bulletin board :

            http://forum.astronomie.de/phpapps/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=aktubild&Number=201942&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

            http://forum.astronomie.de/phpapps/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=aktubild&Number=200456&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

            ___
            Tim

            > upfront some little specs.
            >
            > tube diameter 300 mm = 11.81 inch
            > tube lenght 790 mm = 31.10 inch
            > diameter primary mirror : 266 mm = 10.5 inch
            > diameter secondary with baffle = 31 % central obstruction
            > optical tube weight with tuberings and finder 14.10 kg = 31 lbs
            > 2" eyepiece holder
            > moving mirror focusing with no image shift
            > flexicable dew shield
            >
            > Markus

          • digidodi
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 5, 2004
              Very spectacular. What will this one give in good seeing! The deep-
              sky images are also impressive!

              Dodi

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 6, 2004
                Dodi

                notice the images are made in Dreseden , a city with sub areas of about 1 Million people and very big light pollution, for such condition i think its very impressive

                Very spectacular. What will this one give in good seeing! The deep-
                sky images are also impressive!

                Dodi

                --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Tube Tim" <potentate@s...> wrote:
                > >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes"
                > <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
                > > Hi friends,
                > >
                > > yesterday Matthias have visited me, he brought the 10"F/12.5
                > > maksutov Cassegrain and a 14"F/4.5 Maksutov newtonian which we
                > > delivered yesterday to a east german observatory.
                > >
                > > I have many many images, but here is no place to upload them, can
                > > anybody help and i send him the images ?
                > >

                > Markus sent me some first light images with the 14"F/4.5 MN. I
                posted
                > to my website, but please contact Marcus/APM direct. The URL is:
                >
                > http://tim.povlick.com/APM%20Mak%20Newt.htm
                >
                > and some URLs to a bulletin board :
                >
                > http://forum.astronomie.de/phpapps/ubbthreads/showflat.php?
                Cat=&Board=aktubild&Number=201942&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=
                1

                > http://forum.astronomie.de/phpapps/ubbthreads/showflat.php?
                Cat=&Board=aktubild&Number=200456&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=
                1

                > ___
                > Tim
                >

                > > upfront some little specs.
                > >
                > > tube diameter 300 mm = 11.81 inch
                > > tube lenght 790 mm = 31.10 inch
                > > diameter primary mirror : 266 mm = 10.5 inch
                > > diameter secondary with baffle = 31 % central obstruction
                > > optical tube weight with tuberings and finder 14.10 kg = 31 lbs
                > > 2" eyepiece holder
                > > moving mirror focusing with no image shift
                > > flexicable dew shield
                > >
                > > Markus

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • digidodi
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 6, 2004
                  Sure. If I had the room for it... perhaps later :(

                  Dodi

                  <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
                  > Dodi
                  >
                  > notice the images are made in Dreseden , a city with sub areas of
                  about 1 Million people and very big light pollution, for such
                  condition i think its very impressive

                  Service.