Re: news about 10" Mak

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 31, 2004
      >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes"
      > <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
      > Hi friends,
      >
      > Yo!

      > yesterday Matthias have visited me, he brought the 10"F/12.5
      > maksutov Cassegrain and a 14"F/4.5 Maksutov newtonian which we
      > delivered yesterday to a east german observatory.
      >
      > I have many many images, but here is no pplace to upload them, can
      > anybody help and i send him the images ?

      I hope you don't mind me posting a link to the images of these two beasts.

      http://tim.povlick.com/APM%20Mak%20Newt.htm

      ___
      Tim

      > upfront some little specs.
      >
      > tube diameter 300 mm = 11.81 inch
      > tube lenght 790 mm = 31.10 inch
      > diameter primary mirror : 266 mm = 10.5 inch
      > diameter secondary with baffle = 31 % central obstruction
      > optical tube weight with tuberings and finder 14.10 kg = 31 lbs
      > 2" eyepiece holder
      > moving mirror focusing with no image shift
      > flexicable dew shield
      >
      > Markus

    • Ray Byrne
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
        On Sunday, August 1, 2004, at 02:20 am, Tube Tim wrote:

        > >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes"
        > > <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
        > > Hi friends,
        > >
        > >  Yo!
        >
        > > yesterday Matthias have visited me, he brought the 10"F/12.5
        > > maksutov Cassegrain and a 14"F/4.5 Maksutov newtonian which we
        > > delivered yesterday to a east german observatory.
        > >
        > > I have many many images, but here is no pplace to upload them, can
        > > anybody help and i send him the images ?
        > >

        > I hope you don't mind me posting a link to the images of these two
        > beasts.
        >
        > http://tim.povlick.com/APM%20Mak%20Newt.htm

        Oi! Tim,

        What are you doing in Germany get off back to the States (getting sneak
        looks at cool telescopes who does he think he is :0] )

        Good Seeing

        Ray Byrne

      • Savio Fong
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
          Markus & all, have uploaded to my homepage of all the photos, 14"
          Mak-Newtonian & 10" Maksutov

          http://www.astro.hk/services_3.html

          Savio Fong

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
            >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, Ray Byrne <ray@i...> wrote:
            >
            > On Sunday, August 1, 2004, at 02:20 am, Tube Tim wrote:

            > > http://tim.povlick.com/APM%20Mak%20Newt.htm
            > >

            > Oi! Tim,
            >
            > What are you doing in Germany get off back to the States (getting
            > sneak looks at cool telescopes who does he think he is :0] )

            Wait till youy see my images from my trip to Mars in September.

            Actually Markus sent me the pics to post on a website for him, They
            are the same Savio has posted.

            I'm not sure if the scopes are MC or MakNewts.

            > Good Seeing

            Right back at ya'.

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 5, 2004
              >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes"
              <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
              > Hi friends,
              >
              > yesterday Matthias have visited me, he brought the 10"F/12.5
              > maksutov Cassegrain and a 14"F/4.5 Maksutov newtonian which we
              > delivered yesterday to a east german observatory.
              >
              > I have many many images, but here is no place to upload them, can
              > anybody help and i send him the images ?

              Markus sent me some first light images with the 14"F/4.5 MN. I posted
              to my website, but please contact Marcus/APM direct. The URL is:

              http://tim.povlick.com/APM%20Mak%20Newt.htm

              and some URLs to a bulletin board :

              http://forum.astronomie.de/phpapps/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=aktubild&Number=201942&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

              http://forum.astronomie.de/phpapps/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=aktubild&Number=200456&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

              ___
              Tim

              > upfront some little specs.
              >
              > tube diameter 300 mm = 11.81 inch
              > tube lenght 790 mm = 31.10 inch
              > diameter primary mirror : 266 mm = 10.5 inch
              > diameter secondary with baffle = 31 % central obstruction
              > optical tube weight with tuberings and finder 14.10 kg = 31 lbs
              > 2" eyepiece holder
              > moving mirror focusing with no image shift
              > flexicable dew shield
              >
              > Markus

            • digidodi
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 5, 2004
                Very spectacular. What will this one give in good seeing! The deep-
                sky images are also impressive!

                Dodi

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 6, 2004
                  Dodi

                  notice the images are made in Dreseden , a city with sub areas of about 1 Million people and very big light pollution, for such condition i think its very impressive

                  Very spectacular. What will this one give in good seeing! The deep-
                  sky images are also impressive!

                  Dodi

                  --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Tube Tim" <potentate@s...> wrote:
                  > >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes"
                  > <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
                  > > Hi friends,
                  > >
                  > > yesterday Matthias have visited me, he brought the 10"F/12.5
                  > > maksutov Cassegrain and a 14"F/4.5 Maksutov newtonian which we
                  > > delivered yesterday to a east german observatory.
                  > >
                  > > I have many many images, but here is no place to upload them, can
                  > > anybody help and i send him the images ?
                  > >

                  > Markus sent me some first light images with the 14"F/4.5 MN. I
                  posted
                  > to my website, but please contact Marcus/APM direct. The URL is:
                  >
                  > http://tim.povlick.com/APM%20Mak%20Newt.htm
                  >
                  > and some URLs to a bulletin board :
                  >
                  > http://forum.astronomie.de/phpapps/ubbthreads/showflat.php?
                  Cat=&Board=aktubild&Number=201942&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=
                  1

                  > http://forum.astronomie.de/phpapps/ubbthreads/showflat.php?
                  Cat=&Board=aktubild&Number=200456&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=
                  1

                  > ___
                  > Tim
                  >

                  > > upfront some little specs.
                  > >
                  > > tube diameter 300 mm = 11.81 inch
                  > > tube lenght 790 mm = 31.10 inch
                  > > diameter primary mirror : 266 mm = 10.5 inch
                  > > diameter secondary with baffle = 31 % central obstruction
                  > > optical tube weight with tuberings and finder 14.10 kg = 31 lbs
                  > > 2" eyepiece holder
                  > > moving mirror focusing with no image shift
                  > > flexicable dew shield
                  > >
                  > > Markus

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • digidodi
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 6, 2004
                    Sure. If I had the room for it... perhaps later :(

                    Dodi

                    <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
                    > Dodi
                    >
                    > notice the images are made in Dreseden , a city with sub areas of
                    about 1 Million people and very big light pollution, for such
                    condition i think its very impressive

                    Service.