Re: [tmboptical] Re: Advice on 2-inch eyepiece

  • Buddy
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 6 9:36 PM
      Naw Tom you have it backwards,, , a 305 F/9.5 imagine the $ amount,,, I
      think Dave would owe you big time,, + the Mount to put it on
      Buddy in N.Y
      ~Urban Guerilla Astronomy~
      ~Support " Local 81"~

      > > Watch out Tom, a "305 f/9.5" sounds like something you'd hear
      > > about on the TV series "Divorce Court".
      :::::::sssnip:::::::::

      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 7 1:49 AM
        Our made in Germany Mount Ge 200 Goto will handle that 12" or my new coude mount, which is special designed for such size of optics

        best wishes

        Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2001 5:53 AM
        Subject: Re: [tmboptical] Re: Advice on 2-inch eyepiece

        on 7/6/01 21:53, TMBoptical@... at TMBoptical@... wrote:

        > --- In tmboptical@y..., "Mike C" <mike@e...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Watch out Tom, a "305 f/9.5" sounds like something you'd hear
        >> about on the TV series "Divorce Court".
        >>
        >> I can see it now... (in a hushed voice)  "The defendants lawyer
        >> has just entered the room, it's Dave Novoselsky, somewhat
        >> famous in amateur astronomy circles. If anyone can get this past
        >> Tom's wife, it's Dave."
        >>
        >> :)
        >
        > Man, I would owe Dave big time.

        >>> It's a trap.  The only place I can go from here is the 305 f/9.5.
        >
        > Not to pressure you Tom, but we will have a 305mm TMB available
        > for sale later this year. ;-)
        >
        > Thomas

        What sort of mount would handle such a beast?

        Inquiring minds want to know!

        Mark

      • demary@arlut.utexas.edu
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 9 9:00 AM
          --- In tmboptical@y..., TMBoptical@a... wrote:
          > --- In tmboptical@y..., "Mike C" <mike@e...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Watch out Tom, a "305 f/9.5" sounds like something you'd hear
          > > about on the TV series "Divorce Court".
          > >
          > > I can see it now... (in a hushed voice) "The defendants lawyer
          > > has just entered the room, it's Dave Novoselsky, somewhat
          > > famous in amateur astronomy circles. If anyone can get this past
          > > Tom's wife, it's Dave."
          > >
          > > :)
          >
          > Man, I would owe Dave big time.

          > > > It's a trap. The only place I can go from here is the 305
          f/9.5.

          > Not to pressure you Tom, but we will have a 305mm TMB available
          > for sale later this year. ;-)

          I am paying off my house soon. I could knock out the interior walls
          and cut a hole in the roof and be all set. Or, maybe I should wait
          a while longer.

          Tom DeMary