Re: [tmboptical] Re: Advice on 2-inch eyepiece

  • Mark Jenkins
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 6, 2001
      on 7/6/01 21:53, TMBoptical@... at TMBoptical@... wrote:

      > --- In tmboptical@y..., "Mike C" <mike@e...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Watch out Tom, a "305 f/9.5" sounds like something you'd hear
      >> about on the TV series "Divorce Court".
      >>
      >> I can see it now... (in a hushed voice) "The defendants lawyer
      >> has just entered the room, it's Dave Novoselsky, somewhat
      >> famous in amateur astronomy circles. If anyone can get this past
      >> Tom's wife, it's Dave."
      >>
      >> :)
      >
      > Man, I would owe Dave big time.

      >>> It's a trap. The only place I can go from here is the 305 f/9.5.
      >
      > Not to pressure you Tom, but we will have a 305mm TMB available
      > for sale later this year. ;-)
      >
      > Thomas

      What sort of mount would handle such a beast?

      Inquiring minds want to know!

      Mark
    • Buddy
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 6, 2001
        Naw Tom you have it backwards,, , a 305 F/9.5 imagine the $ amount,,, I
        think Dave would owe you big time,, + the Mount to put it on
        Buddy in N.Y
        ~Urban Guerilla Astronomy~
        ~Support " Local 81"~

        > > Watch out Tom, a "305 f/9.5" sounds like something you'd hear
        > > about on the TV series "Divorce Court".
        :::::::sssnip:::::::::

        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 7, 2001
          Our made in Germany Mount Ge 200 Goto will handle that 12" or my new coude mount, which is special designed for such size of optics

          best wishes

          Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2001 5:53 AM
          Subject: Re: [tmboptical] Re: Advice on 2-inch eyepiece

        • demary@arlut.utexas.edu
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 9, 2001
            --- In tmboptical@y..., TMBoptical@a... wrote:
            > --- In tmboptical@y..., "Mike C" <mike@e...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Watch out Tom, a "305 f/9.5" sounds like something you'd hear
            > > about on the TV series "Divorce Court".
            > >
            > > I can see it now... (in a hushed voice) "The defendants lawyer
            > > has just entered the room, it's Dave Novoselsky, somewhat
            > > famous in amateur astronomy circles. If anyone can get this past
            > > Tom's wife, it's Dave."
            > >
            > > :)
            >
            > Man, I would owe Dave big time.

            > > > It's a trap. The only place I can go from here is the 305
            f/9.5.

            > Not to pressure you Tom, but we will have a 305mm TMB available
            > for sale later this year. ;-)

            I am paying off my house soon. I could knock out the interior walls
            and cut a hole in the roof and be all set. Or, maybe I should wait
            a while longer.

            Tom DeMary