Re: [tmboptical] TMB 160mm MN F/5.5

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001

      We are glad to introduce now a new line of TMB high performance Telescopes.
      Due the big success of the Maksutov Newtonian Systems in past years, TMB and APM started to create an own line of such telescopes with our own and our customers ideas.The optical design is made like the Apos too, by TMB-Optical/USA with best resolutions.
      The main futures of this new TMB line are fast cooling down quarzmirror optics for primary and secondary mirror with an quality for the system of 1/10 wavefront p.t.v. fitted into open cells for quick aircooling. The rear of this primary mirror is polished .
      At the side of the tube near primary mirrors surface we includet an electronical cooling fan.
      The telescope is designed as an photo-visual instrument with 22.5 % central obstruction, an total tubeweight of about 16 pound include focuser and rings, ready to go. The tubes are cremewhite painted , coming with an quick exchange finderbracket fitting finderscopes with an OD of maximum 60 mm.
      The tuberings are 360° rotatable with 3 rotating handles and transportation handle.
      The tube coming with covers and an black paddet transport case.
      The other high future, ecapt the optics is the used Starlight Instruments Feather Touch dual speed focuser.
      The telescopes shipped to TMB with an Zygo report documentation which will be keeped in bookrecording of TMB who do an individual retesting of each scope.
      The mirrors are strong long time live 96% reflection coated.
      The clear aperature ois 160 mm , f-ratio is f/5.5, focallenght is 880 mm or34.65 inches.

      hope this helps a bit more

      best wishes

      Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2001 7:39 AM
      Subject: [tmboptical] TMB 160mm MN F/5.5

      I see that Astronomics is now advertising this new Mak-Newt for
      delivery in July.  The information they provide is pretty limited.
      Anyone know of a source for more information and how this scope will
      compare to others?  For starters, Astronomics says the TMB scope has
      1/10 wave mirrors, 23% obstruction, built-in fan.

        Andrew Rasmusen

    • Paul Gustafson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001
        "Markus Ludes" <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:

        > The telescopes shipped to TMB with an Zygo report
        > documentation which will be keeped in bookrecording of
        > TMB who do an individual retesting of each scope.

        Will this be supplied to the customer?

        > The mirrors are strong long time live 96% reflection
        > coated. The clear aperature ois 160 mm , f-ratio is f/5.5,
        > focallenght is 880 mm or34.65 inches.

        Sounds nice! Price?

        Gus
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001
          Price $ 2,290

          About testreport supply,please ask TMB directly

          best wishes

          Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 12:14 PM
          Subject: [tmboptical] Re: TMB 160mm MN F/5.5

          "Markus Ludes" <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:

          > The telescopes shipped to TMB with an Zygo report
          > documentation which will be keeped in bookrecording of
          > TMB who do an individual retesting of each scope.

          Will this be supplied to the customer?

          > The mirrors are strong long time live 96% reflection
          > coated. The clear aperature ois 160 mm , f-ratio is f/5.5,
          > focallenght is 880 mm or34.65 inches.

          Sounds nice! Price?

          Gus

        • Mark Jenkins
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001
            Markus,

            Do you have any photos of the new scope?

            Thanks

            Mark
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001
              not yet