Barlows for ccd

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2001
      Markus,

      Great pictures, i saw the 99 one, and i still consider it as a major
      event to see, I understand now the people who travel far to see
      another eclipse.
      (a suggestion for the owners of VERY big TMB's: next time one should
      make a shot of mercury during the eclipse, it would surely be the
      best ever mercury amateur image! :o)

      For ccd imaging, Valery told me that you might have 1.5 x barlows
      left from zeiss. Is it possible to have one? Would you have other
      suggestions? (for apo152 F8 and 8,4micron pixels)
      Would a TV 1.8 be an alternative? I gave my TV 3x a short try, but
      stars were hard to focus and looking like "blobs". Might be due to
      lack of technic at my side of course.

      Thanks for the images, and for advice.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2001
        I reqorked a bit the images by sharpening and now they are much better than the once i posted.
        Sorry have no such Zeiss Barlowlens left, but the Baader Planetraium sold 1.25 x and 1,70 are very good. The best is the new Baader Planetraium 3x CaF2 corrector barlow but starting only at 3 power. Also consider the highly corrected Takahashi Variextender starting at 1,6 power, a superb barlowlens too

        best wishes

        Markus

        tmboptical@yahoogroups.com schrieb am 01.07.01:

        apm_telescopes@...
        http://www.apm-telescopes.de
        Die sicherste Form der Kommunikation: E-Mails verschl├╝sseln, Spam-Filter,
        Adressverifizierung, digitale Unterschrift: http://freemail.web.de