Re: [tmboptical] Re: TV-102 vs "TMB130LW" size comparison?

  • Ray Byrne
    Message 1 of 108 , Jul 1, 2004
      Hi Rodger,

      I've still got some S&Ts from when I was a teenager in the 60's and I
      just loved those Unitrons. They just bristled with knobs and handles
      and gadgets. I still like a refractor to look reasonably long and
      bristling with gadgets but one has to be practical. I'm going to dig
      out my old S&Ts

      On Thursday, July 1, 2004, at 12:59 am, Rodger Raubach wrote:

      > Many of us older farts remember the days of yore when Sky and
      > Telescope , then published at Harvard College Observatory , had
      > wonderful ads for Unitron 3" achromatic refractors on the back outside
      > cover.
      Good Seeing

      Ray Byrne

    • ronbee
      Message 108 of 108 , Jul 7, 2004
        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "etherealnumber99" <ratboy99@a...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Ron,
        >
        > A "new" Tak FS-152 - 6" F8 APO just showed up on Amart...
        >
        > $6395!
        >
        > That's like $3,000 less than current retail...
        >
        > I would imagine that you would be able to sell it for at least the
        > same down the road, just "park" the money in it for a few years,
        > won't cost you a dime.
        >

        > Bill

        Thanks Bill for a great tip and a very drooling price tag ;-)! Alas,
        there ain't a FS-152 f/6 sizewise ;-(, is there? But I just remember
        that I'll need probably the monsterous G11 (no budget for this) and
        that I already asked Thomas last week to go away and expedite cashing
        in my deposit check ;-).

        Ron the 4+1" Tall Evangelist B[ee]