Images from Elipse 2001 in Sambia

  • apm_telescopes@web.de
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2001
      Hi All,

      after removing nearly 1,500 emails and many backorders and testing
      the just arrived new TMB optics, I have had a little time to upload
      all my eclipse images made with my Canon EOS D30 to my computer. This
      are only a partial of all images we made and I expect to get many
      more dramaticle images on the slights. Upfront some infos about the
      images:

      1, Seeing was not very good, because the floor was hot due high
      daytime temperatures, so do not expect much h-alpha informations.
      Also I did partly only a simple photoshop contrast and brightness
      correction. Much more infos will come out, after my friend spend some
      time on his computer doing the real image restaurations.

      2, The used scope was my personal TMB 105/650 matched with the
      Cornoado Filter AS1-90 on the nontracking GR2-DX Twin View Mount. The
      smaller scaled images are made focal, the bigger scaled images are
      made with the new Baader CaF2 corrector to nearly triple the scale.

      Later I will repost an even bigger report and all images on my
      webside.

      Now have fun

      clear skies

      Markus
    • a_potentate@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2001
        --- In tmboptical@y..., apm_telescopes@w... wrote:
        > all my eclipse images made with my Canon EOS D30 to my computer.
        > Markus

        Markus,

        I see you used an EOS camera to take these pictures. This is
        an interesting camera in terms of using it for planetary / moon
        pictures. Have you taken any moon or planetary pictures with
        the Canon yet? Any comments on using it for this purpose.

        Tim Povlick
        San Juan Capistrano, CA
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29, 2001
          no planets hereover, but will do soon first moon images, just wait my results

          best wishes

          Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 3:53 PM
          Subject: [tmboptical] Re: Images from Elipse 2001 in Sambia