Re: [tmboptical] Re: 130mm/140mm Questions

  • W. Gondella
    Message 1 of 71 , May 2, 2004
      From: <wmgjjr@...>
      To: <tmboptical@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2004 1:16 PM
      Subject: Re: [tmboptical] Re: 130mm/140mm Questions

      > Oh it is? Thanks for the correction! Cheers! Is this F/9 lens made by LOMO
      > as well? I prefer the one from LZOS, but I will be flexible here.
      > The Fluorite lens (LOMO)? A yellowish image of Saturn, ugh? 8^)

      Well that explains my other question. When I read that Thomas was working on an f/11
      triplet Apo, I wondered to what market he was seeking to address?! ;-}

      BTW, we have no yellow images here, ours are all BROWN (old, inside joke)!

      Seriously, the TMB shows the Bringer of Old Age (that's Holstian for Saturn) as a
      many-colored splendor: The planet is a waxy pale amber while the rings are mainly a
      dusky, pale bluish-grey (with lots of other shadings and highlights within!

      Ahh, the joys of pure and achromatic dioptrics!

      WayneG
    • W. Gondella
      Message 71 of 71 , May 7, 2004