Re: [tmboptical] New TMB Designed /APM Made 8"F/6 Achromat Cometfinder

  • wmgjjr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 30, 2004
      Hi,

      Not know what to say here, but to say that, this is a nice scope! I like it
      alot, really! (I know that is not an APO.)

      However, does my eyes playing tricks on me? Maybe it's time for me to go bed
      now?

      The Tech. specs, it says: when fully compressed dew cap, which is only 30
      inches and fully extended is 40.5 inches.

      But the pictures in this link, shows much longer tube, and I am not sure how
      it can be done? Illusion?
      Am I seeing things tonight?

      did Markus had too many drinks? 8^)
      (no offense here, just being jesting - controlled, of course!)

      It'd be nice for the sweep in the sky and wonder how it'd perform with the
      planetary?

      I am sure that it will show the false color, of course.

      Any preliminary report on the observing with this scope?

      Oh man...this scope is such an appealing....OH well, Good nite!
      I can dream about it and my wife doesn't know that! 8^)

      Wm.

      P.S. It'd be nice to have something informative on what's ahead in Tom's
      website.

      So, I/we can know what scopes that are coming out in the near future. It'd
      help any of us to prepare financially.
      Just a thought! Good nite!

      Wm.

      In a message dated 4/30/2004 1:32:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      mike@... writes:
      > I asked Mike C to give to the
      > group a link for the images of the scope. Have a look how good are
      > the coatings and how small and compact this scope is in transporting
      > mode, shorter than a small takahashi FS 102 :-)

      I got my scopenews.com domain up and running on a new fasst server.
      Here are the 8" f/6 achromat pics:

      http://www.scopenews.com/tmb/achromat/

    • APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes
      Message 41 of 41 , May 17, 2004
        Hi Markus,

        Now I'm going to have to differ with your position. I grew up in
        Chicago. You've heard of it? A little town on the shore of a deep
        lake? (Lake Michigan's deepest point, I've read is 300 meters.) On
        the average night you could see three stars from my house in South
        Shore. On the best nights you could see fifteen stars. So why did I
        design and build a short-focus NewtFork? Using my Erfle ocular I
        could get a two-degree field and see hundreds of galaxies, nebulae,
        and star clusters as well as a plethora of double and multiple stars,
        variable stars, the planets and their satellites, etc.

        Donald,

        I believe you see them, but how good ? as good as in a little scope under real drak sky or better ?

        My own location is very poor if air is hazy , fully lightpoluted in half the sky , only if air is very clear I have very small lightpollution because I am 350 mĀ“altitude above this city and can do real deep sky. Therefore my major observings are Planets and sun

        best wishes
        Markus

        A friend of mine, who was the Director of the Southfield
        Planetarium didn't own a telescope. I thought he was nuts! He said he
        wouldn't be able to use it in the city (Metro Detroit). Howsomever,he
        had a saving grace; he had a tarantula in a box in the Planetarium. I
        looked at it, opened the box and stuck my hand in so the spider could
        climb into my palm, and asked him what the spider's name was. lol He
        said he called it Zuben el Kenubi(sp?). Interesting? I had been the
        Director of a Planetarium and I had had two pet tarantulas, Mizar and
        Benetnasch(sp?).

        Clear skies and accurate surfaces,
        Donald A. Rosenfield

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor