Re: [tmboptical] Another ATM TMB152

  • Norman L. Rubenstein
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 31, 2004
      Dear Wayne:

      I don't know, maybe you and Mike are on to something here -- a group of
      gnarly, grizzled, nasty-looking (using myself as a model, here)
      extreme-astronomers in dressed in distressed leather, all with full-color
      tattoos of the TMB logo proudly displayed on our bulging
      (biceps/beer-bellies -- choose at least one) and all with Harleys with TMB
      80's welded onto the handlebars, all in different colors, customized by Mike
      -- it might draw in a whole new crowd of "young people" into the hobby and
      maybe even spawn a bad tv series...

      NAH! :-)

      Norm Rubenstein again up past his bed time and delirious

      On 4/1/04 12:17 AM, "W. Gondella" <strehl985@...> wrote:

      > That's the idea, Mike! But as in all cases, I recommend that you not try to
      > use it while
      > driving (especially with a supercharger). Bring the focus in through the roof
      > and have
      > the person in the passenger seat man the optics while the driver keeps his
      > attention on
      > the road. We don't want to cause accidents or give astronomers a bad name!
      > :)
      >
      > Wayne E. Gondella
      > AFA Engineering, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    • Norman L. Rubenstein
      Message 32 of 32 , May 10, 2004
        Dear Mike S:

        Congratulations on a really nice and useful setup of exceptional equipment.
        You are sure to enjoy them. I'm looking forward to your "first light"
        report, and a few images from that ST10XME!

        Best regards,

        Norm Rubenstein