Atlas Of Moon

  • a_potentate@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2001
      First, thanks to all in the group for all the insight and
      recommendations on lunar atlases and info about the straight edge
      etc. This is a really great group of Gals & Guys...

      I looked everywhere for the book "Atlas of the Moon", by Antonin Rukl,
      Thomas W. Rackham but it is out of print. (Amazon, Pocono, Op-Amp
      Tech, Anacartes) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Clear Skies (not in So. Cal. tonight <sigh>)

      Tim Povlick
      San Juan Capistrano, CA
    • jerickson@wewmlaw.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 30, 2001
        --- In tmboptical@y..., a_potentate@h... wrote:

        > First, thanks to all in the group for all the insight and
        > recommendations on lunar atlases and info about the straight edge
        > etc. This is a really great group of Gals & Guys...
        >
        > I looked everywhere for the book "Atlas of the Moon", by Antonin
        Rukl,
        > Thomas W. Rackham but it is out of print. (Amazon, Pocono, Op-Amp
        > Tech, Anacartes) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Clear Skies (not in So. Cal. tonight <sigh>)
        >
        > Tim Povlick
        > San Juan Capistrano, CA

        Tim,

        I think I saw copies of Rukl's atlas at Scope City in Las Vegas.
        They may have it at the other Scope City stores as well. A vendor
        had copies at the Riverside Telescope Makers Conference as well. It
        may have been the Sky & Telescope rep. You could check their website
        or catalog.
      • thefamily@charleston.net
        Message 3 of 5 , May 31, 2001
          Hi Tim,
          It's online. Go to:
          www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/crawdad/717/moon_1.htm

          You can print it up and laminate it. Also, try typing in "Moon Atlas
          Rukl" on Yahoo or whatever server you have and follow up.

          Jim Phillips

        • demary@arlut.utexas.edu
          Message 4 of 5 , May 31, 2001
            Rukl is my current favorite too. A second edition is about to
            be published, so the first edition is getting hard to find.

            Toim DeMary

          • demary@arlut.utexas.edu
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
              I still like Rukl. Two minor problems: it should be spiral bound
              for convenient scope-side use, and the drawings lack contrast,
              compared to a good refractor.

              Tom DeMary