Perseu (Long)

  • Rui Tripa
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2004
      Hello all,

      Although I subscribe to several newsgroups, I really don't have the time to
      read them all in detail. It was a friend to alerted me to what was happening
      on this group.

      I had to read all the "Thoughts on Saturn" thread to realize that, to my
      disbelief, my name, and my company name, Perseu, was being thrown as "the
      bad guys", specially by Mr. Markus Ludes.

      But first things first.

      Mr. Pierre Vandevenne inquired me about a TMB 115/805 on 31/3/2003. He
      ordered the telescope on April 2nd.
      After several e-mails to Mr. Markus, asking for news, the telescope was
      shipped to me on May 19th by UPS. It arrived to my door on May 20th.
      I opened the package, since other items were shipped with it, took the
      telescope out to see if there was any visible damage, and repacked it
      immediately. It was shipped to Mr Vandevenne by UPS on May 21st, and he
      received it on May 22nd.

      For the record, and Mr. Vandevenne can confirm this, he receved the
      telescope, said it was ok, and _never_ complained about any defect in it.

      Also for the record, Perseu doesn't play with telescopes that are shipped
      from his suppliers. When we receive some piece of equipment, that equipment
      is sent to the customer _exactly_ as it's received from the manufacturer.

      In this particular case, the TMB 115/805 was shipped to Mr. Vandevenne
      _exactly_ as it was received from APM, nothing more, nothing less.

      Since Mr. Vandevenne was waiting for the telescope for so long, my primary
      concern was to ship it to him as fast as possible. When he received it, he
      even thanked me for being so fast. I hadn't the time for detailed
      inspections, and to be honest, none should be necessary, since it was
      supposed that Mr. Markus Ludes would have done all necessary Quality
      Control.

      Aparently, he didn't.

      In his e-mail, Mr Ludes states that Perseu is a problem dealer, and that he
      has "many" complains of customers of TMB and Mak telescopes. Well, to date,
      I've sold 3 TMB telescopes and 1 175 lens. I bougth 1 152 lens for myself.

      I never had a complaint on ANY of these telescopes or lens, so I ask Mr.
      Ludes to tell me the names of the "unsatisfied" customers. He can't, because
      there aren't.

      Regarding the Maks issue, it shouldn't be brought to this group, but since
      Markus was the first to be OT, here it goes.

      Mr. Ludes must be referring to a customer, Mr. Joaquim Rosa, who bought a
      Intes MK66 Deluxe from me. This tube was bougth from APM.

      You may not believe this, but this tube had to be returned to APM 3 times
      !!!! Yes, 3 times! First, the telescope was shipped grossly out of
      collimation, due to a loosened ring inside the tube. The second sample,
      exhibited an abnormal amount of focus shift.

      But the best part is the third sample. The third one has obvioulsy a used or
      demo unit, since the red "Deluxe" label, was washed out by excess sunlight
      exposure. The tube even had scratches on the paint!
      This customer, after so long without the telescope, accepted the telescope
      like it was.

      This last telescope never worked as advertised. Several problems are still
      present.

      If Mr. Ludes insists on this absolute nonsense, I will ask Mr. Joaquim to
      subscribe this group, so that he can confirm the facts!

      The truth can't be obscured by someone's lies!

      Sorry for disturbing everybody with this, but I have the right to defend my
      good name, as well as Perseu's reputation.

      Best regards,

      Rui Tripa
      Perseu, Lda
      www.perseu.pt
    • Pierre Vandevenne
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2004
        Good Day,

        RT> For the record, and Mr. Vandevenne can confirm this, he receved the
        RT> telescope, said it was ok, and _never_ complained about any defect in it.

        Correct Rui. I don't think you did anything to the scope. I couldn't
        check it extensively at once since I didn't have the necessary
        diagonal and the wether in Belgium is usually rotten. I did inquire
        about the extension tube and a couple of other things in SAA and Tom
        kindly responded at once. One of his answers suggested that I could have
        bought a second hand scope - but that is probably because I was
        posting from a "US looking" address and he didn't know me as a
        customer. I immediately was attacked, in private mail, (not by him or
        Markus) as someone with a hidden agenda trying to put down TMB scopes.

        I dropped the issue until further investigations - these
        investigations showed that, except for some things that I am not sure I
        grasp fully (and which I will probably have independently tested by a
        professional as soon as I find the time), the scope performed well
        enough and I publically stated so.

        RT> In this particular case, the TMB 115/805 was shipped to Mr. Vandevenne
        RT> _exactly_ as it was received from APM, nothing more, nothing less.

        Indeed - that is why I stated I seemed to have received a forwarded
        box from APM - I am sure you had a normal scope inspection (nothing
        broken, nothing missing) and I did not expect more.

        RT> Sorry for disturbing everybody with this, but I have the right to defend my
        RT> good name, as well as Perseu's reputation.

        I purchased from you several times, some of them after the TMB scope,
        and have always been well and promply served. I have, btw, stated this
        publically several times on the french astro newsgroup. I have been
        happy with Perseu's advice and handling of my orders, and wouldn't
        hesitate recommending your services to a friend.

        --
        Best regards,
        Pierre mailto:pierre@...