Re: Thoughts on Saturn

  • tmboptical
    Message 1 of 160 , Feb 3, 2004
      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "robert9375" <robert9375@h...>
      wrote:
      > Thomas;
      >
      > I have just joined this group. I find it ludicrous that a company
      > with a 5-10 year waiting list for its products could consider your
      > company "competition". Yes, in the strictest sense because you sell
      > similar products, you are a "competitor" of AP. But until AP has no
      > more waiting list, and in fact, until both companies have more
      scopes
      > to sell than there are buyers, there is no way TMB Optical and AP
      are
      > economic competitors. Roland should be happy that your company has
      > taken a bit of the pressure off his company, and until the two of
      you
      > are having "price wars", (about one chance in a million of that
      > happening) your company doesn't affect his company, period.
      >
      > Robert Apruzese

      Robert,

      Well said. Any company that has such a demand for its products
      that there is at least a 4-year wait (and it is probably much
      more) for its apochromatic refractors, cannot possibly be affected
      by the "competition." I don't ever want TMB Optical to be in a
      position where I have to worry about delivering a telescope to my
      customers years later. The only exception is our custom 12" to 20"
      telescopes, because it takes ~1 1/2 years for our optical supplier
      to make such a large sized triplet apochromatic refractor lens.

      Thomas Back
    • Eddie
      Message 160 of 160 , Feb 10, 2004
        Thanks, Thomas and Marcus, for clarifying, at least to me, the
        quality issues for TMB lens cells going to TMB and Stellarvue. I
        think I can now safely and confidently purchase the 105 that I've
        been looking at. But, as things usually happen with me, now that I
        have finally made up my mind, there are none to be had from any
        source. When can I hope to get my hands on a TMB 105?

        Eddie

        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "tmboptical" <TMBoptical@a...>