Re: Five Images

  • Stephen Pitt
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 31, 2004
      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "tmboptical" <TMBoptical@a...> wrote:
      > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Pitt" <lthuedk@p...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hi, from one not posting in a while.
      > >
      > > These were taken with the SV/TMB 105 and Canon 10D digital camera:
      > >
      > > http://www.light-to-dark.com/hh_10d_sv105.html
      > >
      > > http://www.light-to-dark.com/M31.html
      > >
      > > http://www.light-to-dark.com/m42_sv105_10d.html
      > >
      > > http://www.light-to-dark.com/M45_10D.html
      > >
      > > http://www.light-to-dark.com/witch_10d_sv105.html
      > >
      > > Best regards,
      > >
      > > Stephen Pitt
      >
      > Stephen,
      >
      > I am a little late, due to work, but when I opened your images
      > taken with the SV/TMB 105, I lost my breath! These are some of
      > the very best 4" images I have ever seen. Fantastic.
      >
      > Thomas Back

      Thomas,

      I am very happy you like my images. I am equally happy to be able to
      use and enjoy what may be the finest optical telescope lenses made
      today.

      Imagine my anticipation of the next, larger aperature instrument to be
      loaned to me. Though I must return each preceding OTA, each has made
      a lasting mark.

      Til tomorrow,

      Stephen
    • king1964uk
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 1, 2004
        Hi Stephen

        very nice images, I particularly like the M45, it looks like
        consumer digicams are finally starting to become good enough to do
        decent deep sky imaging, I wonder what new exciting models the large
        camera manufacturers have in store over the next year or two?

        Best wishes

        Ian

        wrote:
        > Hi, from one not posting in a while.
        >
        > These were taken with the SV/TMB 105 and Canon 10D digital camera:
        >
        > http://www.light-to-dark.com/hh_10d_sv105.html
        >
        > http://www.light-to-dark.com/M31.html
        >
        > http://www.light-to-dark.com/m42_sv105_10d.html
        >
        > http://www.light-to-dark.com/M45_10D.html
        >
        > http://www.light-to-dark.com/witch_10d_sv105.html
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Stephen Pitt
      • Stephen Pitt
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 1, 2004
          Thank you Ian.

          These are exciting times for astrophotographers, with so many choices,
          and the competitive stimulus caused by fresh technology. The trend
          seems to point towards lower expressed noise at ambient temperatures
          and much lower prices.

          It is doubtful that one popular dedicated CCD imaging company's
          introduction of two new one-shot colour cameras didn't come from the
          presence of the Canon digitals. Nikon is jumping into the mix as
          well, with two new models that appear to tame the beast of noise.
          This is great news for those contemplating AP and want results on a
          reasonable budget.

          Full 35mm-framed, low cost, high megapixel, ultra low noise cameras
          might appear within a few years that challenge cooled B&W cameras'
          ability to go deep with broad contrast and high detail. Canon, Nikon,
          and others are beginning to take long exposure capability seriously.
          Higher sensitivity, lower noise, together with smaller pixels (now, 8
          microns in the newest models) can only be good news for APs.

          Best regards,

          Stephen