Saturn with TMB/APM 10" F/9 Last Night

  • jimhp29401us
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
      I knew the seei8ngt wasa suppoisedd to be good this AM. So, I set
      the clock for 2:30 AM and tried to go to sleep early. No chance.
      Finnally I give up and get up at Midnight. Seeing is very good
      (8/10, 8-9/10). The blast time I did imaging I forgot to look. Not
      this time. What a magnificent sight in the 10". Awesome. I was just
      able to glimpse the Enke (Keeler)Division from time to time. Imaged
      from about 1:30AM or so until about 3:30AM . I uploaded an example
      using a 2X Barlow and one using a 3X barlow to the Photos area (last
      two).

      Jim Phillips
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
        >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "jimhp29401us" <thefamily90@h...
        > wrote:
        > I knew the seei8ngt wasa suppoisedd to be good this AM. So, I set
        > the clock for 2:30 AM and tried to go to sleep early. No chance.
        > Finnally I give up and get up at Midnight. Seeing is very good
        > (8/10, 8-9/10). The blast time I did imaging I forgot to look. Not
        > this time. What a magnificent sight in the 10". Awesome. I was just
        > able to glimpse the Enke (Keeler)Division from time to time. Imaged
        > from about 1:30AM or so until about 3:30AM . I uploaded an example
        > using a 2X Barlow and one using a 3X barlow to the Photos area (last
        > two).

        > Hi Jim,

        That larger image is something else; lot's of banding on the planet
        and in the 'C' ring. It looks like you picked up the Keeler gap to me.

        Knowing how the view in the eyepiece is better then with the toUcam, I
        can only imagine what you were seeing.

        Thanks for sacrificing EP time for the images.

        ___
        Tim