M33 in color

  • digidodi
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 2, 2003
      This image was done in good to excellent seeing:

      http://users.pandora.be/create/hotzone/galaxies/m33.jpg

      Dodi
    • tomdemary
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 2, 2003
        The image of M33 is really pretty. It has a very distinctive look.
        I have decided to rename M33 the Cosmic Snowflake.

        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "digidodi" <ddierick@h...> wrote:

        > This image was done in good to excellent seeing:
        >
        > http://users.pandora.be/create/hotzone/galaxies/m33.jpg
        >

        > Dodi
      • glasspusher2001
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 2, 2003
          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "digidodi" <ddierick@h...> wrote:

          > This image was done in good to excellent seeing:
          >
          > http://users.pandora.be/create/hotzone/galaxies/m33.jpg

          Superb!

          Your M33 image reminds me of a photograph taken thru the 100" Mt.
          Wilson telescope.

          Where did you find such dark skies?

          Don
        • W. Gondella
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 2, 2003
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 3, 2003
              Beautiful, makes me realize why it is so hard to see in the local
              light pollution.

              --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "digidodi" <ddierick@h...> wrote:

              > This image was done in good to excellent seeing:
              >
              > http://users.pandora.be/create/hotzone/galaxies/m33.jpg
              >

              > Dodi
            • rsampsonus
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 3, 2003
                --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "digidodi" <ddierick@h...> wrote:

                > This image was done in good to excellent seeing:
                >
                > http://users.pandora.be/create/hotzone/galaxies/m33.jpg
                >

                > Dodi

                Dodi man, you are an artist with that equipment there
                is no doubt about that these pictures are spectacular thank you for
                sharing them with us.
              • william Selden
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 3, 2003
                  From: "W. Gondella" <gondella@...>
                  > > This image was done in good to excellent seeing:
                  > >
                  > > http://users.pandora.be/create/hotzone/galaxies/m33.jpg
                  > >

                  > > Dodi
                  >

                  > Dodi,
                  >
                  > All of your pix have been superb, but this M33 shot, a galaxy which always
                  uninspires me,
                  > is perhaps the best I have ever seen of the Pinwheel. I have made it my
                  new desktop!

                  > Gadzooks.
                  >
                  > WayneG

                • tmboptical
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 3, 2003
                    --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "tomdemary" <t.demary@e...> wrote:
                    > The image of M33 is really pretty. It has a very distinctive look.
                    > I have decided to rename M33 the Cosmic Snowflake.
                    >

                    > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "digidodi" <ddierick@h...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > This image was done in good to excellent seeing:
                    > >
                    > > http://users.pandora.be/create/hotzone/galaxies/m33.jpg
                    > >

                    > > Dodi

                    Wow! I just can't get over the results you are getting with
                    such a small aperture. Just imagine how large a telescope
                    would have to be to see M33 like this visually? I know that
                    a 30" doesn't come close.

                    Thomas Back
                  • Donald Rosenfield
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 3, 2003
                      Dodi,

                      Remind me again: What size telescope did you use for these pix?

                      Donald

                      > This image was done in good to excellent seeing:
                      >
                      > http://users.pandora.be/create/hotzone/galaxies/m33.jpg
                      >

                      > Dodi

                      Dodi,

                      All of your pix have been superb, but this M33 shot, a galaxy which always uninspires me,
                      is perhaps the best I have ever seen of the Pinwheel. I have made it my new desktop!

                      Gadzooks.

                      WayneG

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    • digidodi
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 3, 2003
                        In a 40 inch it comes close, but unfortunately without the color. I
                        once saw it with a 20mm Nagler on a 40 inch and was amazed how much
                        one could actually see it in this galaxy.

                        Dodi

                        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "tmboptical" <TMBoptical@a...>
                        wrote:
                        > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "tomdemary" <t.demary@e...>
                        wrote:
                        > > The image of M33 is really pretty. It has a very distinctive look.
                        > > I have decided to rename M33 the Cosmic Snowflake.
                        > >

                        > > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "digidodi" <ddierick@h...>
                        wrote:

                        > > > This image was done in good to excellent seeing:
                        > > >
                        > > > http://users.pandora.be/create/hotzone/galaxies/m33.jpg
                        > > >

                        > > > Dodi
                        >
                        > Wow! I just can't get over the results you are getting with
                        > such a small aperture. Just imagine how large a telescope
                        > would have to be to see M33 like this visually? I know that
                        > a 30" doesn't come close.
                        >
                        > Thomas Back
                      • digidodi
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 3, 2003
                          Actually it's people like Thomas and Roland who design these kind of
                          optics who are the artists... and the writers of Photoshop of
                          course ;)

                          Tx !

                          Dodi

                          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "rsampsonus" <rsampsonus@y...>
                          wrote:
                          > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "digidodi" <ddierick@h...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > This image was done in good to excellent seeing:
                          > >
                          > > http://users.pandora.be/create/hotzone/galaxies/m33.jpg
                          > >

                          > > Dodi
                          >

                          > Dodi man, you are an artist with that equipment
                          there
                          > is no doubt about that these pictures are spectacular thank you for
                          > sharing them with us.
                        • digidodi
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 3, 2003
                            The full 80mm f6 Black Dwarf ;)

                            --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Rosenfield" <cardar@c...>
                            wrote:
                            > Dodi,
                            >
                            > Remind me again: What size telescope did you use for these pix?
                            >
                            > Donald
                            >

                            > > This image was done in good to excellent seeing:
                            > >
                            > > http://users.pandora.be/create/hotzone/galaxies/m33.jpg
                            > >

                            > > Dodi
                            >

                            > Dodi,
                            >
                            > All of your pix have been superb, but this M33 shot, a galaxy
                            which always uninspires me,
                            > is perhaps the best I have ever seen of the Pinwheel. I have
                            made it my new desktop!

                            > Gadzooks.
                            >
                            > WayneG
                            >

                            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            Service.

                          • Ruud Schmeitz
                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 3, 2003
                              --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "digidodi" <ddierick@h...> wrote:

                              > This image was done in good to excellent seeing:
                              >
                              > http://users.pandora.be/create/hotzone/galaxies/m33.jpg
                              >

                              > Dodi

                              That is a very nice image, Dodi!

                              Some of the brighter stars are a bit reddish at bottom left and a bit
                              yellowish at top right.
                              Have you any idea what caused this ?
                              Did you use a fieldflattner ?

                              Ruud Schmeitz
                              Universiteit Maastricht
                            • digidodi
                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 3, 2003
                                I used a TV 0.8 reducer/flattener. Perhaps the colors are caused by
                                the alignment in Maxim, could be.

                                Dodi

                                --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Ruud Schmeitz" <r.schmeitz@m...>