Re: TMB 105 vs. Tak 90

  • dnovo@ix.netcom.com
    Message 1 of 22 , May 4, 2001
      Hourly rate isn't that high normally, but for you, I will make an
      exception :-) Dave

    • yooody@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 22 , May 5, 2001
        Dave,

        Are you referring to the 3x-8x unit that Markus sells?

        Thanks,

        Marc Zukoff

        dnovo@i...

      • dnovo@ix.netcom.com
        Message 3 of 22 , May 5, 2001
          No, it is the 1.6X corrector lens that fits inside the binoviewer
          itself. The normal corrector AP ships it with is the 1.3X. The 3X-
          8X is a much different beast, and not part of the binoviewer at all.

        • yooody@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 22 , May 5, 2001
            Dave,

            S0 with the 1.6x corrector, you can avoid using the extender-Q or
            any of the extension tubes? Thereis enough focuser travel?

          • dnovo@ix.netcom.com
            Message 5 of 22 , May 5, 2001
              Depends on the ep, and while it sounds like I am dancing around this,
              I am not, since the sans barlow issue depends on the ep and isn't all
              that simple. The in focus was a problem without a barlow as it is on
              most short, fast refractors. However, since I have been using the
              Sky 90 as almost exclusively now as a base for my Coronado H-alpha
              solar work, and leave it up more or less all the time with that set
              up in place and as that works out best with the Extender Q on it, I
              would have to dig back in my memory to recall which combinations work
              best at night. Sorry. Dave

              Message 6 of 22 , May 6, 2001
                small correction, the units AP sells is 1.25x and optional is available an 1.70 x unit

                Message 7 of 22 , May 6, 2001
                  the 1.25x and 1.70x cost each $ 130, a 2.60 x is available but we do not like it

                  I cannot find pricing on the 1.7x corrector. Are other correctors
                  available also? Sounds like a collectible set to me.

                  -Mike

                • demary@arlut.utexas.edu
                  Message 8 of 22 , May 6, 2001
                    --- In tmboptical@y..., "Markus Ludes" <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
                    > the 1.25x and 1.70x cost each $ 130, a 2.60 x is available but we do
                    not like it

                    I understand that the 2.6x corrector is designed to screw into
                    front of the prism housing, instead of the binoviewer body. It
                    would not be in the correct position if used with a 2" diagonal.

                    Tom DeMary