TMB 80 Images

  • king1964uk
    Message 1 of 38 , Aug 4, 2003
      The below URL's lead to some images I took last week in the Canary
      Islands with my TMB 80

      http://www.ianking.darkhorizons.org/helix.htm

      http://www.ianking.darkhorizons.org/m8llrgb.htm

      http://www.ianking.darkhorizons.org/pelicanha.htm

      http://www.ianking.darkhorizons.org/pelicancolour.htm

      There are more to come when I get round to processing them.

      I was delighted with the performance of the TMB 80 (in fact all the
      kit I used). Its a great portable scope and ideal for widefield CCD
      use.

      Best wishes

      Ian
    • Tim
      Message 38 of 38 , Aug 8, 2003
        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "tmboptical" <TMBoptical@a...>
        wrote:
        > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <laserdermatologique@w...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > And while you're at it, why not descibe the zeiss history of LZOS.
        > > Was it LZOS that made zeiss monocentrics?
        > > (wayne was mentioning a "triumvirate", forgetting to mention
        LZOS.
        > > if the owner(s) of LZOS could read englisch, i am not sure that
        > they
        > > would appriciate to be "chronically forgotten" or "down-played".)
        > >
        > > Don't misunderstand me Tom, the fact that the manufacturer is
        > russian
        > > is in my point of view not negative at all, and it is not making
        > your
        > > products less good, suspected or what soever. In europe the
        quality
        > > of certain russian products is very reputated. BTW, it is they
        that
        > > are flying our astronauts at this moment.
        > >
        > > Tim B
        >
        > What are you talking about? The TMB Super Monocentrics are made
        > in Germany, and not by LZOS. You continue your assaults on TMB,
        > going now for years, subtle or not. You have been warned.
        >
        > Thomas Back

        Sorry Thomas,

        Please don't get upset. I neglected the fact that the eyepieces come
        from berliner glass, the german manufacturer, and not from LZOS who
        makes most of the TMB telescope objectives.

        But if (if!) the new eyepieces turn out to be the best in the world,
        wouldn't you like to share a part of the admiration with your
        manufacturers?

        it was just my reaction on the story of one of the members speaking
        about the glorious triumvirate of Tom,Markus and the TMB groupmembers,
        forgetting about the "men in the (german or russian) street", making
        his modest living in a factory producing your nice optics.

        I do not see why this reasoning should be interpretated as
        an "assault" on TMB!

        I even said very nice things about your scopes in the TAK group
        recently, so please don't react so emotionally.

        But you will never see me reacting like this:
        "snip....I haven't had the opportunity to use them yet but I'm sure
        these eyepieces are destined to be true classics in the amateur
        astronomy world and will be in high demand once word spreads. Looking
        forward to the observing reports from the "chosen." THANKYOU, TOM
        BACK! (Yes, I *am* shouting!)...snip"

        That is tmo an assault on the intellectual capacity of amateur
        astronomers! (even if it sounds maybe flattering to you at first
        glance, i doubt if you honestly can appreciate people using you as if
        you were a gourou.)
        Just imagine one reacting like this to the maker of a car, before
        making his test-drive!

        It would be very appreciated too if you could help me out when i ask
        a serious question about the photographic use of one of the bigger
        TMB scopes. Those questions were made, because of real interest that
        i and others have in TMB/APM products.

        Yours sincerely,