6" vs AP 400 was Re: new Lens cover for 105mm ( & Lunar Report )

  • Starvick@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 30, 2001
      --- In tmboptical@y..., demary@a... wrote:
      > --- In tmboptical@y..., yooody@y... wrote:
      > > I was wondering if the AP 400 would support a 6
      > > inch apo. for visual use. What do you think? Ed Ting in his
      > > comparison of the AP155 and Tal FCT 150, had the AP on the 400
      > > mount.
      >
      > A-P definitely does not recommend the 155 on a 400 mount -- I
      > asked once. I am sure that a 155 or TMB 152 could sit on a 400
      > mount, but it would surely surely stress the mount in use.
      >
      > Tom DeMary

      Hello Tom & all

      I Asked Roland from AP (the owner of AP, who is always conservative
      in his approach to manufacturing his products) today if the AP400
      mount and wood tripod could support the AP155 refractor for visual
      use and he said it would have no problem doing so.
      Just a little FYI.

      Regards, Jeff Vickers
    • demary@arlut.utexas.edu
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2001