4859Questions On APO Strehl Ratio

  • garyjmo
    Sep 1, 2002
      Hello all,
      I understand that strehl ratio takes into account all aberations in a
      refractive system. I have also heard that .95 is the cut off for a
      really great optic. Okay, so when comparing a .95 with say a .99
      strehl APO, what are the visual differences? Is there any difference
      in focus or just out of focus? How would the difference manifest
      itself? On what objects would this difference be most apparent?
      Thanks for helping me to gain a better understanding of optics...
      Gary
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic