      From: dkapla12 <dkapla12@...>
      To: tmboptical@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, May 22, 2011 12:28 pm
      Subject: [tmboptical] Removing residue

      I have a couple black marks on the tube of my 175 that looks like it's residue from the felt on the rings. I'm reluctant to try a cleaner to get it off as I don't want to take a chance on marring the paint, but does anyone have any advice as to some solvent that would remove the mark but not hurt the paint?

      Thanks much.
      Dan Kaplan