      From: tmboptical@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tmboptical@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of digidodi
      Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 12:20 PM
      To: tmboptical@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [tmboptical] Re: Field flattener for TMB 92 SS?

      Answering my own question... Issue solved. Due to the much shorter f-value
      versus the other refractor I had to shift the camera 20mm away from the
      flattener. Now (at least on a brick wall), the combination works *much*
      better. Nice.

      Dodi

      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tmboptical%40yahoogroups.com> ,
      "digidodi" <ddierick@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Has been a very long time since I posted something, but due to work I
      became an amateur-amateur with little time to do astronomy. Tonight was an
      exception :)

      > Anyone has had success with 35mm format on the TMB 92SS? I tried tonight
      to couple a Teleskop Service (Germany) 2.5" field flattener that I had
      sitting on a shelf to a TMB 92SS and use a Canon 5DmkII, but the results
      were not up to standard. Perhaps only 50% of the field of view is really
      good. With my EOS 1DmkIV (crop 1.3) that goes up to 80% or so, but still not
      better.

      > The same flattener works like a charm for the 5D on a 90mm f6.7 triplet
      apo with stars nearly pinpoints to the edge of the 24x36mm field.

      > I tested the 92mm TMB also visually. Really nice scope indeed. Too bad
      about the photographic performance with the flattener. But perhaps better
      exist? Any suggestions?