34865Re: ALT AZ and TMB 115?

  • Andreas Braun
    Oct 1, 2007
      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Rieck" <derklaus@...> wrote:

      > That depends on the alt/az mount used, and perhaps just as important,
      > the tripod used to support it. As stated, the GR3 is a mount whose
      > payload capacity and ease of motion is matched by none without
      > spending MANY times more. Since folks are trying to keep portability
      > at the top of their list, they often scrimp on the tripod, which may
      > be even more important for steady alt/az results than a gem.
      >
      > Mark

      This is what I've experienced with my former TMB 115/805 as well.

      Having used it for quite some time with a Giro2 on a Manfrotto 475
      tripod I upgraded to a Berlebach UNI19 tripod. It was like night and
      day. The damping times decreased from more than three seconds to about
      one second.

      I'd recommend looking for the WO EZTouch also. Very smooth and much
      better friction control than the Giro2.

      Andreas
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic