34260Re: When will the new Signature Scopes hit the market?

  • Mike Siniscalchi
    Jul 1, 2007
      The microfocuser was way too tight which caused the bearings
      to 'grumble'. My fix can be found at:
      http://www.helixgate.net/tmb1.html
      This worked excellent aferwards but I needed a way to automate
      focusing which is why I had the stock focuser upgraded.

      The stock focuser was fitted with the Moonlite high resolutoin
      stepper drive. This works excellent. I will not be getting a FT.
      No, I never got image shift even with the stock micro focuser. The
      Moonlite focuser upgrade can be found here:
      http://www.helixgate.net/tmb2.html

      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "n7032b" <kayak02@...> wrote:

      > --- How did you resolve your original focuser issue, Was the
      microfocus the problem? the optics are great, sharp, color free and
      flat for med to large ccds.
      > did you have image shift? The new FT are FANTASTIC, the new one
      with the FT will be a steal, if you get one.

      > Itmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Siniscalchi" <helixgate@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Thanks Peter :-)
      > > My observations are that the OTA is excellent in fit and finish
      as
      > > well as optical performance. I got one of the earlier ones (S/N
      46) and
      > > the focuser had a problem but I was able to resolve it myself.
      The new
      > > OTA's come with the FT focuser though the old 4" stock focuser
      worked
      > > very well if you got one without a bad microfocuser. I had my
      stock
      > > focuser upgraded with a Moonlite stepper focuser and the unit
      works
      > > excellent for my use which is photography. I can't comment on the
      80mm
      > > because I don't own one. But the 130SS is worth the money.
      > >
      > > Mike Siniscalchi
      > >
      > > http://www.helixgate.net

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic