34251Re: When will the new Signature Scopes hit the market?

  • Mike Siniscalchi
    Jun 30, 2007
      Thanks Peter :-)
      My observations are that the OTA is excellent in fit and finish as
      well as optical performance. I got one of the earlier ones (S/N 46) and
      the focuser had a problem but I was able to resolve it myself. The new
      OTA's come with the FT focuser though the old 4" stock focuser worked
      very well if you got one without a bad microfocuser. I had my stock
      focuser upgraded with a Moonlite stepper focuser and the unit works
      excellent for my use which is photography. I can't comment on the 80mm
      because I don't own one. But the 130SS is worth the money.

      Mike Siniscalchi

      http://www.helixgate.net

      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "erdmanpe" <erdmanpe@...> wrote:

      > There is a Yahoo group devoted to these scopes ("TMBSS"), but there
      > don't seem to many in actual use. Mike Siniscalchi has a web site
      > with his nice images (http://www.helixgate.net/whatsnew.html) taken
      > with a 130mm.
      >
      > Peter
      >
      > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Smilen" <hkstaub_1999@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Does anyone have either the 80 mm or the 130 mm version and would be
      > willing to share
      > > their observations?

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic