31989Re: Some DSO's and Planet Shots with the TMB 152

  • Wade Van Arsdale
    Oct 1, 2006
      Thanks Dietmar. I can't wait to see your finished MGC 7331. It's
      already better than anything I've ever shot. It should be a beauty!
      That folded tube is a real killer for imaging. I hope to have one
      someday if the wife doesn't kill me first for buying all this astro
      gear!

      I kind of split the difference on color depth. On my Sony LCD
      screen it has more color, but less on my laptop pc, so I just hit
      the middle with it. Hard to tell sometimes how much is enough.

      Cheers,
      Wade

      ////////////////

      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "dietmar hager"
      <dietmar.hager@...> wrote:

      > hi Wade,
      >
      > whow! that`S an impressive setup!
      > the 152tmb on this huge mount!
      > the images are very nice!
      > concwerning resolution it`s simply amazing what a 6" is capable to
      > reveal on planetry images!
      > if I may: the colors in the cluster images could possibly need a
      > little more depth,...at least on my screen here it seems like this.
      >
      > what software algorhythm do U use for image acquisition, colr
      > conversion, stacking and processing?
      >
      > congrats on Your equipment!
      > best regards
      > Dietmar
      >

      > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Wade Van Arsdale" <uwpf23@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > > Here's some images I've taken with my new TMB 152 the past
      couple
      > of
      > > months since it arrived:
      > > M13:
      > > http://www.compubuild.com/astro/m13.htm
      > >
      > > M92:
      > > http://www.compubuild.com/astro/m92.htm
      > >
      > > M56:
      > > http://www.compubuild.com/astro/m56.htm
      > >
      > > Jupiter opposition this past summer:
      > > http://www.compubuild.com/astro/jupiter1.htm
      > >
      > > NGC 6946:
      > > http://www.compubuild.com/astro/ngc6946.htm
      > >
      > > The TMB 152 sitting on my Mountain Instruments MI-250 mount with
      > > Lumenera webcam:
      > > http://www.compubuild.com/astro/download/
      > >
      > > Equally as fun as imaging through it is putting some time in at
      > > the eyepiece with it. The views it gives of the planets, moon,
      and
      > > brighter DSO's through the eyepiece are incredible....absolutely
      > > stunning performance from this scope, particularly when combined
      > > with a TMB Super Mono 4 or 5mm eyepiece on planets.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > > Wade Van Arsdale
      > > TMB 152
      > > Little Rock, AR., USA