29930Re: CNC 4 inch focuser modification

  • mrgrytt
    Feb 1, 2006
      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "tmboptical" <TMBoptical@a...> wrote:
      > Hi Harvey,
      > No, I can't possibly fit this into my work. I am backed up on not
      > only current telescopes, design work, but also telescopes that
      > need repair. Sorry I can't do this kind of work, but there are
      > only 7 days in a week, and I work all of them.

      I certainly didn't think you would have time for something like
      Even though it's not very difficult for a person to 'do it
      themself' it's a scary thing to recommend, particularly if they don't
      feel comfortable about it. I wouldn't want to see anyone take a
      chance of hurting their scope.

      > If customers want to modify their TMB telescopes, that is fine,
      > but as any telescope company would tell you, modifying telescopes
      > places them out of under warranty. This would not affect the lens,
      > and other parts that were not modified, but I cannot foresee what
      > can happen, when the telescope is modified in any way. It is not
      > that I discourage modifying, it can take the telescope and make
      > it better, but the owner must understand that they are now
      > responsible for that modification.
      > Thanks for understanding,
      > Thomas Back

      That's certainly very understandable. The good thing is that the
      scopes are fine without the modification. The modificaton only raises
      the level of perfection, but you can certainly get by without it.
      I would suspect that there could be some possible image shifting
      when loosening the collar on the Feathertouch 3.5 inch focuser too.
      The modification simply puts the CNC focuser a step ahead of most
      anything else in this area. Just makes a great focuser even greater.
      Also, I would be more than happy to help anyone with it if the
      location would make it reasonable. Maybe Tim would too.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic