28755Re: [tmboptical] Re: Deimos in the 175/8

  • Mike C
    Nov 1, 2005
      Here's my "artist" impression of last nights view of Mars. I was observing
      for maybe two hours in the TMB175/8 using the Baader bino and dual 6mm TMB
      supermonocentric eyepieces for about 396x.

      I transferred the most contrasty features from last nights crude sketch to
      Photoshop, and then tried and paint out the more subtle albedo features over
      lunch.

      Deimos is seen outside the glare to the left. I usually dont put glare in my
      drawings but for the purpose of realism with Deimos it's a bit closer to the
      true story -- the actual glare was worse.

      http://www.scopenews.com/tmb175/mars/mars1101_deimos_sm.jpg

      Mike
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic