24155Re: TMB 80mm "super" apo

    Apr 1, 2005
      >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "tmboptical" <TMBoptical@a...
      > From none other than the greatest optical scientist in the 20th
      > century, and also the man that came up with the term "Super
      > Apochromat," James G. Baker. In his groundbreaking article in
      > Applied Optics, back in 1963, called "Planetary Telescopes,"

      > snip <

      Thanks for the informative post Thomas. Having the reference available
      (thanks Ron for that link!!! )behind the concepts allows the
      interested student of optics to learn more. The TMB FAQ needs updated
      with the posts over the past 3 or so months, that's for sure.

      The bibliography on the TMB site, proposed by cJamesC is a good idea.

      ___
      Tim

      PS: I hope to make use of that 228 you sent me. The skies here at
      noon is so transparent here it's a beautiful pure blue. The downside
      is it's wind as all get out and seeing is in the tank. Clear Sky
      Clock (CSC) says seeing gets good around midnight just the same time
      the transparency goes to zero. Can't win! :-(

      Around 2:00 AM CSC says all is good, so I'll 'see' what happens.

      > Thomas Back
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic