20762TMB News - LZOS

  • tmboptical
    Dec 1, 2004
      The lost lens shipment finally turned up, after talking
      with my customs clearance agent for half the afternoon.
      She had to trace every stop from Russia (we don't do it
      this way normally, Markus ships the lenses from Germany),
      and it normally takes 7 to 9 days from Germany to Cleveland,
      but it has been 16 days already, and I have to tell you I
      was really starting to worry (Bob's 7" and Tim's 9" lens
      is in this shipment, among other TMB lenses).

      She could not say when they will be able to load the
      truck and get the shipment to my shop, but I will try
      and find out tomorrow. If something can go wrong, it
      probably will. One good thing is that LZOS double wood
      crates the lenses, and with an oversized outer box,
      and special packing material, I have no worries about
      shipping damage. My problem will be getting that monster
      crate off the truck!

      BTW, where is everybody? I know Tim is at work, working
      16 hour days, and Norm is going to the hospital (I hope
      you feel better Norm), so they can't post.

      Jim and all other imagers, the Moon is in a great position
      for imaging, so let's see some images, if you have the skies
      and time for it. Thanks.

      Thomas Back
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic