18832Re: Nikon D70 query

  • digidodi
    Sep 2, 2004
      Hi Bob,

      I don't understand the problem. I borrowed a D70 two months ago for
      solar H-alpha testing. I had no problem to focus it at f20.

      I did have a problem with the dreaded Newton rings. Like many cameras
      also the D70 can give you interference, and that's what I found with
      the body I tested. That was my 4th DSLR (Nikon and Canon) that failed
      miserably on this test :(

      Dodi

      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Anderson" <bob@t...> wrote:
      > Hi Wayne
      >
      > The prism diffuses the sun so much that all you can see is a big
      blob
      > through the focuser. Focusing a SolarMax scope does allow one to
      just
      > about get what one thinks is near focus but the inability to
      actually
      > see when you are focused through the camera's focus window makes it
      > just about impossible to actually get it correct.
      >
      > I had a Nikon T adapter with a 2 barrel trying to shoot prime
      through
      > the SolarMax and I tried as best as possible to get focus but no
      > cigar.
      >
      > This camera does not show the view through the rear LCD so you rely
      > on the the focus window.
      >
      > A number of us that have the D70 at Starfest two weeks ago all had
      > the same problem and I was told, I need to have the prism changed
      if
      > possible.
      >
      > The link that Dodi sent shows what a good prism change can offer.
      >
      > Bob
      >
      > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "W. Gondella" <strehl985@c...>
      > wrote:

    • Show all 33 messages in this topic