15037Re: [tmboptical] Another ATM TMB152

  • W. Gondella
    Apr 1, 2004
      Norm,

      Actually, If I was to do it, I would install a weatherized TMB80 on the roof, controlled
      by joystick servo, with a motorized zoom going into a CCD camera. On the dash built into
      it would be a hi-res display monitor. Thus you could see a wide angle view far ahead or
      zoom in on any points of interest, such as police behind billboards or young ladies
      sunbathing on their pool decks nearby the road, as you burn down the highway in your 500+
      horsepower big block chevy (equipped of course with high end stereo in car with Meridian
      CD Player, electrostatic panels in the doors, subwoofer built into seat, all driven by
      fully complementary symmetry MOSFET power amps in the truck) on your way to the
      star-party, of course.

      The TMB80 would have a turrent so that you could switch out the ccd camera for a night
      vision camera. This would allow you to drive with headlights off (stealth mode while
      evading speeding tickets) or as a courtesy to other star gazers as you arrive late at the
      star party.

      Naturally, the 14-inch f/9 TMB would be in *tow* behind in the trailer, as mounting this
      on the car would not only be aerodynamically unstable and cause handling problems at high
      speeds, but would detract somewhat from the appearance of the car. It would raise up out
      of the trailer through motorized roof panels on a hydraulically operated mount, once you
      were pulled safely into your spot at the Nebraska Star Party.

      And who said astronomy couldn't be fun?!

      Wayne E. Gondella
      AFA Engineering, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania