13733Re: [tmboptical] Re: Poor Seeing and a Note on TMB Super Monos

  • W. Gondella
    Feb 2, 2004
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "marketparticipant" <marketparticipant@...>
      To: <tmboptical@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 8:12 PM
      Subject: [tmboptical] Re: Poor Seeing and a Note on TMB Super Monos

      > I find "Clear Sky Clock" to be very useful. It's a weather forcast
      > for astronomy - gives detailed, hour-by-hour forcasts for the next 48
      > hours, including seeing, transparency, and cloud cover. Forecast for
      > over 1700 locations, mostly in the U.S.
      >
      > Clear Sky Clock's home page is http://cleardarksky.com/csk/.
      > Definitely worth 'seeing' if there's a forcast location near you.

      Brad,

      There is. A local club has a CSC site listing (Wagman, Pittsburgh). I find CSC
      interesting, but have seen it totally miss and give eggregiously wrong forcasts as well.
      In the final analysis, I still find the best source of weather info is to check several
      sources of raw data and make your own predictions.

      And I wish the weather people would be honest and SAY weather prediction instead of
      forcast--- subtle difference, but perhaps more honest.

      WG
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic