10532Re: [tmboptical] Re: Final squareness/lens test. Problem found

    Aug 1, 2003
      Hey I installed many lenses in such tubes and all have play . If your lens show on axis at high power zero coma, that it is for shure not the lens

      best wishes
      From: digidodi
      To: tmboptical@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 10:11 AM
      Subject: [tmboptical] Re: Final squareness/lens test. Problem found

      Markus

      You are wrong. With a 90 degree rotation in thread, there is still
      absolutely no play with the lens cell in the tube, and no tilt. I
      tried but cannot move the lenscell in any other direction but turning
      it.

      Rotating the lens by 90 degrees produces exactly the same error star
      for star, aberration per aberration.

      I am sorry, it *is* the lens or the cell, or - very unlikely -
      potentially the top end machining of the tube of course.

      Dodi

      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Markus Ludes"
      <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
      > Domique, as I just told you in privat mail, forget the idea you
      have had. If you rotate the lens cell, you can do it only if you
      unlock it from the thread, than you get play in the threadsa between
      cell and tube and you have a working tilt. Do what I told you, make a
      laser alignment test to find out if focuser and tube is really square

      > best wishes

      Service.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor