Msg date problem

  • turinboy_one
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2003
      Hi everybody,

      turned to Mail2000 recently and its use is really straightforward.

      My prog works without problems but on this one point, which should be
      a most simple thing:
      when I set the Msg.Date I always get right the date part but I seem
      to be unable to set the time, I always get "2.40.00" in the time part.
      (RebuildBody does not change it)

      Firstly I used a simple Msg.Date:=now and then I tried various
      methods, even DateTime vars to mimic the demo workings as I don't use
      those compos, but to no effect, I always get the time as "2.40.00".

      I've found no msg on this subject in the archives, so I think I'm
      missing something, can any noble soul point me in the right direction?

      Btw, I'm using D6 and have the same problem either with 1.10.1 or .3,
      and my locale is Italy, GMT+1.

      TIA for any help.

      Achille
    • Marcello
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 26, 2003
        Mr Achille,

        It seems that the code is getting lost with your system time format. I
        suggest you to change the locale settings to English, and see if the
        problem persists. Of course it's a palliative solution, the code must
        be fixed anyway.

        Regards,

        --- turinboy_one <arcom@...> wrote:
        > Hi everybody,
        >
        > turned to Mail2000 recently and its use is really straightforward.
        >
        > My prog works without problems but on this one point, which should be
        >
        > a most simple thing:
        > when I set the Msg.Date I always get right the date part but I seem
        > to be unable to set the time, I always get "2.40.00" in the time
        > part.
        > (RebuildBody does not change it)
        >
        > Firstly I used a simple Msg.Date:=now and then I tried various
        > methods, even DateTime vars to mimic the demo workings as I don't use
        >
        > those compos, but to no effect, I always get the time as "2.40.00".
        >
        > I've found no msg on this subject in the archives, so I think I'm
        > missing something, can any noble soul point me in the right
        > direction?
        >
        > Btw, I'm using D6 and have the same problem either with 1.10.1 or .3,
        >
        > and my locale is Italy, GMT+1.
        >
        > TIA for any help.
        >
        > Achille

        =====
        Marcello Tavares
        mycelo@...
        ICQ 5831833
        MSN mycelopanda@...
      • turinboy_one
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 26, 2003
          Thanks Marcello for pointing me in the right direction.

          I tested my prog on a pc with an English version of XP and the time
          problem disappeared. I noticed that the time was expressed with a ':'
          separator while on my system it's '.'. Changed that default in my
          Win2k (italian) setup and the msgs get the correct time also on my
          system.

          Problem is that I cannot ask who is to run my prog to change the
          default settings, which would effect on other progs too, so has
          anybody a more viable solution?

          Hope this helps.

          Thanks for your time and the great work.

          Achille

          --- In tmail2000@yahoogroups.com, Marcello <mycelo@y...> wrote:
          > Mr Achille,
          >
          > It seems that the code is getting lost with your system time
          format. I
          > suggest you to change the locale settings to English, and see if the
          > problem persists. Of course it's a palliative solution, the code
          must
          > be fixed anyway.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > --- turinboy_one <arcom@f...> wrote:
          > > My prog works without problems but on this one point, which
          should be a most simple thing:
          > > when I set the Msg.Date I always get right the date part but I
          seem
          > > to be unable to set the time, I always get "2.40.00" in the time
          > > part.
        • Marcello
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 26, 2003
            Mr Achille,

            IIRC, Delphi allows the application to change it's own global
            variables. This won't affect anything, the global system settings will
            remain the same. See 'TimeSeparator' variable, from SysUtils.

            Regards,

            --- turinboy_one <arcom@...> wrote:
            > Thanks Marcello for pointing me in the right direction.
            >
            > I tested my prog on a pc with an English version of XP and the time
            > problem disappeared. I noticed that the time was expressed with a ':'
            >
            > separator while on my system it's '.'. Changed that default in my
            > Win2k (italian) setup and the msgs get the correct time also on my
            > system.
            >
            > Problem is that I cannot ask who is to run my prog to change the
            > default settings, which would effect on other progs too, so has
            > anybody a more viable solution?
            >
            > Hope this helps.
            >
            > Thanks for your time and the great work.
            >
            > Achille
            >

            > --- In tmail2000@yahoogroups.com, Marcello <mycelo@y...> wrote:
            > > Mr Achille,
            > >
            > > It seems that the code is getting lost with your system time
            > format. I
            > > suggest you to change the locale settings to English, and see if
            > the
            > > problem persists. Of course it's a palliative solution, the code
            > must
            > > be fixed anyway.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > --- turinboy_one <arcom@f...> wrote:
            > > > My prog works without problems but on this one point, which
            > should be a most simple thing:
            > > > when I set the Msg.Date I always get right the date part but I
            > seem
            > > > to be unable to set the time, I always get "2.40.00" in the time
            > > > part.

            =====
            Marcello Tavares
            mycelo@...