Problems with POP2000 and Deleting Messages.

  • Mister Sonic (GMX)
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7 12:54 PM
      Schlicht
      Hello there,

      at first i wan't to excuse for my very bad english. :) but i hope you understand, and can help me with my problem.

      i used the pop2000-component on me delphi 6-project. i wan't to delete many messages on the server to do this i called the the function

      Form1.Pop20001.DeleteMessage(I);

      I is an Integer value, after calling this function the result ist TRUE and the server-response is "+OK Message deleted.", but on next connect and list, is the deleted message back again. I hope you can help me fast.

      Sincelly Patrick from Germany.

      PS.: I don't know the Version of my Pop2000-Component, and i don't know where i can read the version number.
    • jackkenyon1956
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7 4:04 PM
        Do you call Quit after all Delete's? I think POP servers do not
        delete the messages until a QUIT is called.

        jack

        --- In tmail2000@yahoogroups.com, "Mister Sonic \(GMX\)"
        <MisterSonic@g...> wrote:
        > SchlichtHello there,
        >
        > at first i wan't to excuse for my very bad english. :) but i hope
        you understand, and can help me with my problem.

        > i used the pop2000-component on me delphi 6-project. i wan't to
        delete many messages on the server to do this i called the the
        function

        > Form1.Pop20001.DeleteMessage(I);
        >
        > I is an Integer value, after calling this function the result ist
        TRUE and the server-response is "+OK Message deleted.", but on next
        connect and list, is the deleted message back again. I hope you can
        help me fast.

        > Sincelly Patrick from Germany.
        >
        > PS.: I don't know the Version of my Pop2000-Component, and i don't
        know where i can read the version number.
      • Marcello
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 7 4:38 PM
          Indeed, only QUIT will commit the changes.

          --- jackkenyon1956 <jkenyon@...> wrote:
          > Do you call Quit after all Delete's? I think POP servers do not
          > delete the messages until a QUIT is called.
          >
          > jack
          >
          > --- In tmail2000@yahoogroups.com, "Mister Sonic \(GMX\)"
          > <MisterSonic@g...> wrote:
          > > SchlichtHello there,
          > >
          > > at first i wan't to excuse for my very bad english. :) but i hope
          > you understand, and can help me with my problem.
          > >
          > > i used the pop2000-component on me delphi 6-project. i wan't to
          > delete many messages on the server to do this i called the the
          > function
          > >
          > > Form1.Pop20001.DeleteMessage(I);
          > >
          > > I is an Integer value, after calling this function the result ist
          > TRUE and the server-response is "+OK Message deleted.", but on next
          > connect and list, is the deleted message back again. I hope you can
          > help me fast.
          > >
          > > Sincelly Patrick from Germany.
          > >
          > > PS.: I don't know the Version of my Pop2000-Component, and i don't
          > know where i can read the version number.

          =====
          Marcello Tavares
          mycelo@...
          ICQ 5831833
          MSN mycelopanda@...
        • Mister Sonic (GMX)
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 7 10:40 PM
            I doesn't understand what do you want to tell me.

            Sincelly Patrick from Germany.
            Indeed, only QUIT will commit the changes.

            --- jackkenyon1956 <jkenyon@...> wrote:
            > Do you call Quit after all Delete's? I think POP servers do not
            > delete the messages until a QUIT is called.
            >
            > jack
            >
            > --- In tmail2000@yahoogroups.com, "Mister Sonic \(GMX\)"
            > <MisterSonic@g...> wrote:
            > > SchlichtHello there,
            > >
            > > at first i wan't to excuse for my very bad english. :) but i hope
            > you understand, and can help me with my problem.
            > >
            > > i used the pop2000-component on me delphi 6-project. i wan't to
            > delete many messages on the server to do this i called the the
            > function
            > >
            > > Form1.Pop20001.DeleteMessage(I);
            > >
            > > I is an Integer value, after calling this function the result ist
            > TRUE and the server-response is "+OK Message deleted.", but on next
            > connect and list, is the deleted message back again. I hope you can
            > help me fast.
            > >
            > > Sincelly Patrick from Germany.
            > >
            > > PS.: I don't know the Version of my Pop2000-Component, and i don't
            > know where i can read the version number.

            =====
            Marcello Tavares
            mycelo@...
            ICQ 5831833
            MSN mycelopanda@...

            To modify your subcription options (e.g. stop receiving discussions)
            go to:

            To subscribe/unsubscribe, send blank email to:
              tmail2000-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            To talk only with the moderator, developer of TMail2000, write email to:
              mycelo@...

            Please expect 1-2 weeks for my response.

            PLEASE POST IN ENGLISH!

          • jackkenyon1956
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 7 10:53 PM
              I think you need to do this

              { tell POP server that you want to delete these }
              for I := 1 to N do
              begin
              Form1.Pop20001.DeleteMessage(I);
              end;
              { tell POP server to commit changes made, ie actually delete }
              Form1.Pop20001.Quit;

              <MisterSonic@g...> wrote:
              > I doesn't understand what do you want to tell me.
              >
              > Sincelly Patrick from Germany.
              Messages.

              > Indeed, only QUIT will commit the changes.
              >
              > --- jackkenyon1956 <jkenyon@b...> wrote:
              > > Do you call Quit after all Delete's? I think POP servers do not
              > > delete the messages until a QUIT is called.
              > >
              > > jack
              > >
              > > --- In tmail2000@yahoogroups.com, "Mister Sonic \(GMX\)"
              > > <MisterSonic@g...> wrote:
              > > > SchlichtHello there,
              > > >
              > > > at first i wan't to excuse for my very bad english. :) but i
              hope
              > > you understand, and can help me with my problem.
              > > >
              > > > i used the pop2000-component on me delphi 6-project. i wan't
              > > delete many messages on the server to do this i called the the
              > > function
              > > >
              > > > Form1.Pop20001.DeleteMessage(I);
              > > >
              > > > I is an Integer value, after calling this function the result
              ist
              > > TRUE and the server-response is "+OK Message deleted.", but on
              next
              > > connect and list, is the deleted message back again. I hope you
              can
              > > help me fast.
              > > >
              > > > Sincelly Patrick from Germany.
              > > >
              > > > PS.: I don't know the Version of my Pop2000-Component, and i
              don't
              > > know where i can read the version number.
              > >

              > =====
              > Marcello Tavares
              > mycelo@y...
              > ICQ 5831833
              > MSN mycelopanda@h...
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > To modify your subcription options (e.g. stop receiving
              discussions)
              > go to:
              >
              > To subscribe/unsubscribe, send blank email to:
              > tmail2000-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              >
              > To talk only with the moderator, developer of TMail2000, write
              email to:
              > mycelo@y...
              >
              > Please expect 1-2 weeks for my response.
              >
              > PLEASE POST IN ENGLISH!

              Service.
            • Mister Sonic (GMX)
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 7 11:04 PM
                That's right. :)
                Many thanks to all of you. Can you tell me where i can see what version number the component has and how i can received the newest version?

                sincelly patrick.

                <MisterSonic@g...> wrote:
                > I doesn't understand what do you want to tell me.
                >
                > Sincelly Patrick from Germany.

                Service.