Re: Launch a form like an exe

  • gert_nutterts
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
      Hiyas,

      To do that you need to change the params of the form
      while it is being created.

      The following code would do the trick

      place this in the privat section of the form:

      procedure CreateParams(var Params: TCreateParams); override;

      place this after ,,implementation'':
      ------------------------------------

      procedure TFrmWriteEmail.CreateParams
      (var Params: TCreateParams);
      begin
      inherited CreateParams(Params);
      with Params do begin
      ExStyle := ExStyle or WS_EX_APPWINDOW;
      WndParent := GetDesktopwindow;
      end;
      end;

      --------

      Change TFrmWriteEmail to the name of your form type.

      :-)
      It would do the trick.
      The Icon it gets in the task bar is the one you specify on the Form
      using the Icon property

      ;-)

      Good luck

      --- In tmail2000@yahoogroups.com, "nlhassociates" <roy.lambert@n...>
      wrote:

      > I'm in the process of developing an Outlook Express replacement
      > (later to be built into a couple of apps) and I want to duplicate
      the
      > effect in OE of clicking on Create Mail or New Post where a separate
      > form is launched with its own task bar entry, you can tab between
      > etc. DOes anyone know how to do this.
      >
      > TIA
      >
      > Roy
    • Bianco.poa
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 16, 2004
           Hi lists!
         I say Portuguese. I used tradutos, do not find odd the grammar. My application has that to send 30.000 more than emails for my customers. the text that sending is a HTML and is a little great! The measure that I go sending my application blows up the memory. I believe that it is because of component TMAIL. Somebody knows as to solve?
        Tank's
        Bianco
      • Phryzer
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 16, 2004
          Hi,

          if you have not yet done so, please read through the various postings in this mailing list (available at the website of this group), where lot's of people have posted bugfixes for TMail2000 10.3.1 (the latest version). Some of the fixes include fixes for memory leaks. so, maybe you're using a buggy version of TMail2000, which causes the memory problems.

          Greetz,

          Phryzer
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 17, 2004
            Tanks Phryzer,
            I entered in the site of the group of the TMAIL and I
            did not find the address of the site to be able to lower
            I finish it version of the TMAIL! You he could say me?
            tanks again!
            Bianco

            > Hi,
            >
            > if you have not yet done so, please read through the va
            rious postings in this mailing list (available at the web
            site of this group), where lot's of people have posted bu
            gfixes for TMail2000 10.3.1 (the latest version). Some of
            the fixes include fixes for memory leaks. so, maybe you'
            re using a buggy version of TMail2000, which causes the m
            emory problems.

            > Greetz,
            >
            > Phryzer

            AntiPop-up UOL - É grátis!