Fwd: Flaharty and wrestling camp

  • Daniel Robert Dardon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2006
      TL Wrestling Family,

      First and foremost, I want to extend congratulations to all of our 2006 graduates. We wish you
      nothing but luck and success in all your future endeavors. Please keep in touch and keep tabs on
      us throughout the off season and next year's season. Our program is as strong as it is because of
      the involvement, leadership, and coaching of its alumni.

      On a second note, I would like to congratulate Morgan Flaharty for his invitation to represent the
      state of California at the US Cadet Freestyle Nationals. He will be headed out to North Dakota to
      train with several of the national teams and then competing for CA at the tournament. In order to
      do this Morgan is working hard at several fundraisers to finance his trip. Please see the
      forwarded email from the Head Coach of the Titan Club, and help out your teammate. For those of
      you that sign up for the Titan camp this week, Morgan will receive half the fee to help send him
      to nationals. Besides helping out your captain, this is an incredible deal of a camp with many
      great names that will offer one on one coaching...the price is more than fair and it is in Marin!
      No one should have an excuse not to sign up for this chance to improve.

      At that note, I want to relay the fact that I want to send out congratulatory emails for others
      besides Morgan. Since the end of season in addition to Morgan, Kyle Coffee and Sam Friedman have
      been training regularly and have shown remarkable improvement. These guys display the work ethic
      and drive that I am looking for in next season's varsity lineup. I want to see more of you in
      there. We are going twice a week, Tu and Th 4-6, and because of the few people that have been
      showing up, the individual attention they have been receiving is paying off. Especially with a
      team void of seniors, and only a few true juniors, we have to continue training in the off season
      in order to stay competitive. In addition to our wrestlers, several SM and other wrestlers from
      the area have been stopping by and wrestling. It is a great opportunity to get a chance to
      wrestle others besides your teammate...plus I would rather help Trojans improve than Mustangs. I
      hope to see all of you in the wrestling room.

      One last thing. We never got around to collecting the singlets and headgear from the season. Its
      been a bit difficult for me to get something going during school hours or after school due to my
      work schedule. I will however be getting something together on a Sat or Sun sometime in the next
      few weeks where everyone can stop by the room and drop off their singlets and headgear. This is
      especially important for you graduates. We are on a tight budget and can't afford to order new
      sets. Please check your emails for when this will be happening.

      Until then, keep working hard lifting and wrestling and we will see you all soon.

      Coach D

      --- the forwarded message follows ---
    • Furderer, Sue (San Francisco)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2006

        Be very cautious when wrestling San Marin … you wouldn’t want to blow out a knee.

        Don’t forget that they are the competitor … and our biggest one who will be trying to take the title next year.

        Just having horrible flashbacks …

        It’s football season for us!

        Have a great summer!